info

Dear guests,
You are currently on the old forum we kept as a knowledge base. You will find the new community forum here
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Keyword

TOPIC: anchor hover in html email? - and internal anchors

anchor hover in html email? - and internal anchors 10 years 9 months ago #830

• Anonymous user
Hi Team,

how is it possible to realize a - a:hover - in my email-template/newsletter?

I've tried:
- <style> a:hover {...} </style> in the template -> deleted
- a:hover as a new class (I know it's not a class) -> not working

and:
I have internal links in my newsletter (like: <a href="#1">).
When I click on "readonline" in my HTML-Email -> on the website the internal anchors have the URL "mysite/index.php#1"

Whats going wrong?

Thanks for answering
ankataris
Last Edit: 10 years 9 months ago by Anonymous user.
Please log in to post a reply

Re:anchor hover in html email? - and internal anchors 10 years 9 months ago #841

• Anonymous user
  • Thank you received: 2
how is it possible to realize a - a:hover - in my email-template/newsletter?
The Stylesheet will be removed in some mail servers so this technique won't always work but yes, you should include a <style>a:hover {...} </style> in your Newsletter.
It's probably removed by your own wysiwyg editor so I recommend you to either turn it off (just to make sure it's really the wysiwyg editor which removes it) or change your wysiwyg editor or configure it so that this sort of code won't be removed.
I have internal links in my newsletter (like: <a href="#1">).
Internal links should work properly in your Newsletter, on the Newsletter itself and on your website.
Is it not the case?
If not, is there a way you can show us what's the problem?
Please have a look at our official documentation before posting a new message!

If you use AcyMailing, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Re:anchor hover in html email? - and internal anchors 10 years 9 months ago #1375

• Anonymous user
Hi Team,
sorry for my late response!

my internal anchors work in the newsletter directly.
But when I click "readonline" in the E-mail, the newsletter-anchors on the website have the following syntax: "mysite/index.php#thema1";
but it should be something like that: "mysite/component/acymailing/archive/view/listid-1-enerviews/mailid-146-enerviews-01-dezember-2009/Itemid-225.html#thema1"

Then, when I click once more again "readonline" on this website (newsletter), the internal anchors are okay.

Hm ...

Thank you

Re:anchor hover in html email? - and internal anchors 10 years 9 months ago #1380

• Anonymous user
  • Thank you received: 2
I guess you are using the SEF mode.
The read more link in your Newsletter is not a SEF one and that's why the anchor are not working properly when you access it from the e-mail.

The only way to have SEF links in AcyMailing is to let the cron task send your e-mail (so using one of our commercial version and using the option "queue processing : automatic only") AND enable the option "use SEF links" (in the AcyMailing configuration page).

An other option is to click on the button "replace tags" when you edit your Newsletter so the link "read online" will be replaced by the real link and so you will be able to modify it by a SEF one (manually :( )
You should use this technique if you use our free version as SEF links can not be added if you handle the send process via the back-end.
Please have a look at our official documentation before posting a new message!

If you use AcyMailing, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.
Time to create page: 0.058 seconds