info

Dear guests,
You are currently on the old forum we kept as a knowledge base. You will find the new community forum here
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Keyword

TOPIC: [SOLVED] Edit or add template

[SOLVED] Edit or add template 10 years 11 months ago #8

• Anonymous user
Hello,

I have downloaded and installed the starter edition. Seems to work fine but I can't add a new tempate or edit one of the existing ones. When I try to edit a template, the html version in the editor appears empty. When trying to create a new template, same thing happens. When I reopen the new template, it appears empty. I obviously missed something.

Your documentation doesn't cover that point.

Thank you for your help.

Attachments:
Last Edit: 10 years 11 months ago by Anonymous user.
Please log in to post a reply

Re:Edit or add template 10 years 11 months ago #10

• Anonymous user
  • Thank you received: 2
Hello,

I just tested it again and it's working properly on our test environments.

If I understand you can save the template, the name of your template is updated and saved properly but the HTML area is empty.
So it may be an editor/browser incompatibility...

Could you please go to your AcyMailing Configuration page, tab 'Interfaces' and select "no editor" in the editor selection.
Then save the configuration page and try to edit again a template and let me know if everything works as expected.
If it's working fine without any editor, that means it's a browser/editor conflict.
So it's either because AcyMailing loads twice the editor (for the description and for the template itself) or because your browser does not handle it properly.

What browser do you use?
What's your wysiwyg editor on Joomla?
Please have a look at our official documentation before posting a new message!

If you use AcyMailing, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Re:Edit or add template 10 years 11 months ago #11

• Anonymous user
John,

Thank you for your answer. I was using the JCE 1.5.3 Editor. I have switched to 'no-editor' and I could finally see the templates in html coding. So I tried the TinyMCE2.0 editor and I could see the existing templates (graphics). So I tried to recreate my own template using this editor, I could edit the 'name' and 'description fields but when I want to insert html coding in the tinyMCE editor, I got nothing when hitting the update button. The template remains empty.

Would you be kind enough to have a look if I PM you an access login?

Thank you.

Re:Edit or add template 10 years 11 months ago #12

• Anonymous user
Just to mention that when I create a new template, it shows up in the template list in joomla backend, but no new folder or files are created in /components/com_acymailing/templates/

Edit: Everything works fine with no-editor (template editing and newsletter creation). My concern is that my customer is going to use this newsletter in the backend and he is not familiar with html.

Re:Edit or add template 10 years 11 months ago #13

• Anonymous user
Please send me an administrator access of your website and I will have a look asap.

Does the Newsletter creation work properly? (with the HTML editor)

If you use AcyMailing, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.
Last Edit: 10 years 9 months ago by Anonymous user.

Re:Edit or add template 10 years 11 months ago #14

• Anonymous user
access login sent.

template and Newsletter creation is possible by inserting html code (no-editor option), but unsuccessfull with wysiwyg

EDIT: I have just installed CKEditor and creating a new newsletter works fine with it.

Re:Edit or add template 10 years 11 months ago #18

• Anonymous user
I tested on your website with CKeditor and it's working fine.
Then I tested with JCE 1.5.3 and it's working fine too (nevertheless the text is displayed in light grey so I could hardly see what I was writting... I'm not sure why, I guess it's because of your Frontend CSS)
With TinyMCE it's working properly.
Nevertheless it's not working at all with XStandard lite.

Do you have the same results?

The folder "/components/com_acymailing/templates/" is just there to simplify our installation process but not useful during the Template creation.

I could not add pictures with TinyMCE, the code popup displayed {#advanced_dlg.image_src} instead of the picture name... I would recommend you to update tinymce or install it again if possible.

Re:Edit or add template 10 years 11 months ago #30

• Anonymous user
Seems to work just fine now. I have no idea why this change. :huh:

But thank you for taking the time to have a look. That deserves a good review on joomla.org.

Re:Edit or add template 10 years 11 months ago #33

• Anonymous user
Ooops, not in the JED yet?

Re:Edit or add template 10 years 11 months ago #34

• Anonymous user
:D unfortunately, still not... :p
We are waiting for it since more than two weeks!

Re:Edit or add template 10 years 10 months ago #107

• Anonymous user
admin wrote:
I tested on your website with CKeditor and it's working fine.
Then I tested with JCE 1.5.3 and it's working fine too (nevertheless the text is displayed in light grey so I could hardly see what I was writting... I'm not sure why, I guess it's because of your Frontend CSS)
With TinyMCE it's working properly.
Nevertheless it's not working at all with XStandard lite.

Do you have the same results?

The folder "/components/com_acymailing/templates/" is just there to simplify our installation process but not useful during the Template creation.

I could not add pictures with TinyMCE, the code popup displayed {#advanced_dlg.image_src} instead of the picture name... I would recommend you to update tinymce or install it again if possible.

I have this problem..
I cannot to save or edit template and.. when i try to edit a template, on popup i have this.
Attachments:

Re:Edit or add template 10 years 10 months ago #109

• Anonymous user
Hello Kyo,

Can you edit and save a Newsletter?
What wysiwyg editor do you use?
If you change your wysiwyg editor on the AcyMailing configuration page, do you have the same result?

Re:Edit or add template 10 years 10 months ago #113

• Anonymous user
I can edit & save newsletter..
I have problems only when i try to edit templates.

I have only one editor installed on my site: TinyMce and my joomla si updated to 1.5.15

any suggestions?
Last Edit: 10 years 10 months ago by Anonymous user.

Re:Edit or add template 10 years 10 months ago #114

• Anonymous user
Based on your screenshot, you have the problem when you try to edit the source code of the template.
But can you write something in the area (without loading the source code) and save it properly?

Apparently this issue happens because there are two wysiwyg editor areas loaded on the same page so TinyMce is confused when editing the source code.
Nevertheless I have no problem saving the text if I don't use the source code...
Do you agree with that?

I guess it will be more simple to don't load any editor for the template description but just a textarea. That way the template edition should work properly everywhere.

I you confirm what I just said, I will remove the editor for the template description field for the next version.

For now, if you want to edit the source code of your template, you can select "no editor" on the AcyMailing Configuration page, tab "interface" so no editor will be loaded and you will be able to modify your template as you wish.
Then you can select back the editor TinyMce once you're done.

Re:Edit or add template 10 years 10 months ago #121

• Anonymous user
john wrote:
Based on your screenshot, you have the problem when you try to edit the source code of the template.
But can you write something in the area (without loading the source code) and save it properly?

Yes, it's correct.
Yes, i can write inside template without load the window with source code.

john wrote:
Apparently this issue happens because there are two wysiwyg editor areas loaded on the same page so TinyMce is confused when editing the source code.
Nevertheless I have no problem saving the text if I don't use the source code...
Do you agree with that?

I agree.

john wrote:
I guess it will be more simple to don't load any editor for the template description but just a textarea. That way the template edition should work properly everywhere.

I you confirm what I just said, I will remove the editor for the template description field for the next version.

For now, if you want to edit the source code of your template, you can select "no editor" on the AcyMailing Configuration page, tab "interface" so no editor will be loaded and you will be able to modify your template as you wish.
Then you can select back the editor TinyMce once you're done.

I'll try. ;)

When i try to save on window code, i have this result:
sshoot_uri.jpg

Re:Edit or add template 10 years 10 months ago #125

• Anonymous user
I just removed the wysiwyg editor for the template description.
This modification will be added to AcyMailing 1.0.6 (which should be released next week) so that you won't have this problem any more.

It's funny, today we had only issues because of wysiwyg editors compatibility... :p

Nevertheless, I didn't understand when and where you had the issue with the request-uri too large... is it linked to this editing problem or not at all?

Re:Edit or add template 10 years 10 months ago #138

• Anonymous user
Yes, i think that for template description it's not necessary.

I have that messagge about uri-too large when i click on "update" on window code.
It cannot saves the changes and give me that message.

I tried to work without editor, but i think that this is a must-to-do for the next version, because is very difficult to work in this way.

Re:Edit or add template 10 years 10 months ago #142

• Anonymous user
Well, it's already removed and will be released in AcyMailing 1.0.6 so next week (I guess at the beginning of the week).

About the problem when you click on the "update" button, if you are talking about the update button that you see on your own editor, I'm afraid this problem is only related to the editor itself and has nothing to do with AcyMailing.
Maybe the fact the description field will be removed from the wysiwyg editor will fix the problem as well, we will see.

Re:Edit or add template 10 years 10 months ago #146

• Anonymous user
well, we just released AcyMailing 1.0.6 so if you can upgrade, please let us know if that solved all your problems of template edition!

How to upgrade

Re:Edit or add template 10 years 10 months ago #343

• Anonymous user

Time to create page: 0.102 seconds