info

Dear guests,
You are currently on the old forum we kept as a knowledge base. You will find the new community forum here
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Keyword

TOPIC: AcyMailing Bounce - best way to re-send Newsletter for bounced after correcting their email

AcyMailing Bounce - best way to re-send Newsletter for bounced after correcting their email 3 years 6 months ago #107224

• Anonymous user
We have about 50,000 emails we'll be sending through AcyMailing.

I've set up Lists for each bounce rule type and they are auto subscribed in each bounce rule.

When sending out a newsletter, in cases where the email is invalid and becomes disabled, we can correct the email in AcyMailing. However, in testing it appears you can't only resend the newsletter to only those corrected. It doesn't seem to notice the email is changed and should be a candidate for resending.

It's actually not a show stopper. We've already worked around it.

Option #1: (not going with this)
I could send the newsletter to only those users now in bounce-invalid-email which has now been enabled. The assumption is the person updating the emails would also enable it (and/or add it to another list for sending).

Option #2 (we're going with since we'll also keeping an oracle database of users)
Since statistics->mail->bounce shows zero users (even though one bounced), we'll just extract bounce emails to csv using the bounce-invalid-email-list with mass action, correct the emails so they become new users and re-associated with the original newsletter list. It does detect these are new as-yet-unsent emails in this case.

We'd then delete the original bounced email accounts.

Is that the easiest way?
Please log in to post a reply

AcyMailing Bounce - best way to re-send Newsletter for bounced after correcting their email 3 years 5 months ago #107307

• Dax
Hello,

I don't see any better solution, we are actually doing it one by one when getting bounce messages specifying the new address.

Happy new year!
-AcyMailing developer-
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

I helped you? The best way to thank me is to post a review on the JED :laugh:

Do not hesitate to illustrate your messages with screenshots, I love images :)
Always consult our tutorials before asking a question on our forum, the answer is surely there ;)

Hey look at our Video tutorials, It's really helpful to understand how Acy works!
Please log in to post a reply
Time to create page: 0.177 seconds