info

Dear guests,
You are currently on the old forum we kept as a knowledge base. You will find the new community forum here
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Keyword

TOPIC: Newsletter Tag for inserting a Subscribe to a different List?

Newsletter Tag for inserting a Subscribe to a different List? 3 years 6 months ago #107217

• Anonymous user
We have imported new users to a temporary list, and about to send them an email (via AcyMailing Enterprise) to offer them a subscription to our regular newsletter list (a different list). I want them to simply click a "register me" confirm button in the email to subscribe them to the regular newsletter list without the need for any other action.

Is this possible, and if so how do I insert that link into the email? I am unable to see how to do it using a Tag.

(May I also clarify ~ these users were imported via csv to a the temporary list. I notice that users records are "Enabled', "Accept Emails (Yes)', enabled but "Confirmed (NO)". Is this a problem? However they are 'Subscribed' to the temporary list. Will they receive emails in their "Confirmed (NO)" status?

Thanks,
Geoff
Last Edit: 3 years 6 months ago by Anonymous user.
Please log in to post a reply

Newsletter Tag for inserting a Subscribe to a different List? 3 years 5 months ago #107304

• Dax
Hi,

You can add a direct subscription link in your newsletter: www.acyba.com/acymailing/106-acymailing-...ion-url.html#urlnews
If you turned On the double opt-in but didn't confirm the users, you won't be able to send them any email.
You can mass-confirm them in the mass actions page: www.acyba.com/acymailing/148-acymailing-...er.html#action_value

Jeremy
-AcyMailing developer-
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

I helped you? The best way to thank me is to post a review on the JED :laugh:

Do not hesitate to illustrate your messages with screenshots, I love images :)
Always consult our tutorials before asking a question on our forum, the answer is surely there ;)

Hey look at our Video tutorials, It's really helpful to understand how Acy works!

Newsletter Tag for inserting a Subscribe to a different List? 3 years 5 months ago #107322

• Anonymous user
Thanks Jeremy. Just so I fully understand what's happening, may I clarify: I have just tested sending a newsletter preview to a user whose User Information's status is "CONFIRMED: NO". They were able to click on a Subscribe link and successfully subscribed to a different list, as we hoped. (Though I would like to improve the on-screen confirmation notice -- how?)

What I don't understand is how that user was able to receive the test email if their status was "Confirmed: NO". Can you shed any more light? We expect some of the emails we have imported (from our old customer records) are old and now invalid. Do we in fact really need to "confirm" all these new imports before sending them the newsletter? Or, is there a way that when they respond to the Subscribe Link, they can automatically become "Confirmed: YES"?

thanks,
Geoff

Newsletter Tag for inserting a Subscribe to a different List? 3 years 5 months ago #107323

• Anonymous user
(Jeremy, this is not to take away from my post above, but on a side issue, customising the on-screen subscribe confirmation notice seems possible with a redirect "Redirection after Subscription". However, as we have multiple lists, how can I set up a specific redirect for a specific list?)

Newsletter Tag for inserting a Subscribe to a different List? 3 years 5 months ago #107371

• Tom
Hello,

Is the require confirmation option enabled in the AcyMailing configuration?
If that is the case, you won't be able to send an email to a non confirmed user only if the alias of the newsletter contains the word "confirm".
But this verification is not made if you send using the "Send a test" fonction.

The user will have to use a confirmation link to confirm his subscription. If he use a subscription link, it should send him the email asking for confirmation.
But if you don't require the confirmation in the AcyMailing configuration, then the confirmed status will not be taken into account so you should not worry about this.

As regards the subscription confirmation message, you can edit your language file to change the content.
It is currently not possible to have a specific redirection after subscription depending on the list.
But is possible to do it for the redirection after confirmation: www.acyba.com/acymailing/55-acymailing-c...ription_redirections

Newsletter Tag for inserting a Subscribe to a different List? 3 years 5 months ago #107376

• Anonymous user
Very helpful, thanks Tom.

I have entered a link in the subscribe redirection field (I used the sef url), but it didn't work. Despite that, I don't mind using the standard page with the language override option. HOWEVER.... I have a menu item for "AcyMailing » User : subscribe/modify your subscription", but I seem unable to assign modules to it via the module manager. I would like to dress up the subscribe confirmation page...with a title, modules, etc.

Thanks again,
Geoff
Last Edit: 3 years 5 months ago by Anonymous user.

Newsletter Tag for inserting a Subscribe to a different List? 3 years 5 months ago #107404

• Alexandre
Hi,

In the module configuration page you can set it to be displayed only on specific page (Menu assignment tab).
Feel free to select the menu item you would like to associate this plugin with and you'll be done ;)
Time to create page: 0.389 seconds