info

Dear guests,
You are currently on the old forum we kept as a knowledge base. You will find the new community forum here
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Keyword

TOPIC: Working with areas in the editor

Working with areas in the editor 3 years 7 months ago #106952

• Anonymous user
Hi

I'm new to AcyMailing but have just used the free edition to send out a newsletter. What I didn't manage to discover in the available documentation and videos was how to add areas and then move them around? I created a newsletter from a template but the only area function available was to duplicate an area.

I've since tried creating a new newsletter to experiment with and in that moving areas was available. I really don't understand when areas can be moved so can someone explain the rules to me?

Also, can new areas be added in a template?

Many thanks.
Please log in to post a reply

Working with areas in the editor 3 years 7 months ago #106975

• Tom
Hello,

You can set the areas when creating / editing the template.
There you can choose if an area will be editable (text or image), you can set if it can be deleted or moved.
Note that you need to set an area as deleteable if you want the buttons to appear (delete, move, duplicate, choose background color).

Then when you use the template inside a newsletter you will be able to see the buttons.

This documentation describes how to use the editor and how to add areas.

Working with areas in the editor 3 years 7 months ago #106982

• Anonymous user
Thanks for getting back to me.There is something strange as the last newsletter I created didn't have any movable areas. Now when I create a newsletter from the same template it does. I think this will have to remain a mystery as I've fiddled with the template so many times now I guess I could have inadvertently enabled moving of areas.
Time to create page: 0.074 seconds