info

Dear guests,
You are currently on the old forum we kept as a knowledge base. You will find the new community forum here
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Keyword

TOPIC: Upgrade to 5.6.0 fails to preview and send newsletters

Upgrade to 5.6.0 fails to preview and send newsletters 3 years 7 months ago #106675

• Anonymous user
I have upgraded to the latest version 5.6.0 enterprise edition and now cannot preview or send newsletters.

I upgraded on joomla 3.4 when the issue started. I have upgraded to joomla 3.6, but still no joy. I have cleared all temp files and browser history.

Can you please advise as to how I can correct the issue.
Please log in to post a reply

Upgrade to 5.6.0 fails to preview and send newsletters 3 years 7 months ago #106680

• Anonymous user
Using latest Joomla 3.6.5, Acy Mailing 5.6 (reinstalled)
Backend editing works fine when I press preview/send get menus no CSS and no right side preview.
See attached screen capture.

Suggestions/Solutions?
Attachments:

Upgrade to 5.6.0 fails to preview and send newsletters 3 years 7 months ago #106688

• Anonymous user
Same problem here :unsure:

Upgrade to 5.6.0 fails to preview and send newsletters 3 years 7 months ago #106707

• Alexandre
Hello all,

Could you please download AcyMailing once again from our website as we fixed some errors and install this version on your website ?
This should solve your problem.

If not, could you please enable the Joomla debug mode and let me know if a big error is displayed ? (Not talking about the logs at the bottom of the page).
Last Edit: 3 years 7 months ago by Dax.

Upgrade to 5.6.0 fails to preview and send newsletters 3 years 7 months ago #106712

• Anonymous user
The problem persist the error is :

ERR_CONTENT_DECODING_FAILED

Thanks

Upgrade to 5.6.0 fails to preview and send newsletters 3 years 7 months ago #106717

• Tom
Hello,

Can you temporary disable the Gzip compression option in the Joomla configuration to see if the issue is related to it?

Upgrade to 5.6.0 fails to preview and send newsletters 3 years 7 months ago #106725

• Anonymous user
If we disable the Gzip then works, but of course is not the best choice , because slows the webpage.

Upgrade to 5.6.0 fails to preview and send newsletters 3 years 7 months ago #106735

• Anonymous user
Do you have plans for a more permanent solution? If so when will you bring out a solution. I cannot have my site without gzip as other components and plugins depend on it.

Did not expect this from an Enterprise solution.

Upgrade to 5.6.0 fails to preview and send newsletters 3 years 7 months ago #106741

• Anonymous user
our error on preview/send

Content Encoding Error

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because it uses an invalid or unsupported form of compression.

Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.

Completely agree.. disabling GZIP to fix a application (enterprise, that is) will harm website speed.. please correct!
Last Edit: 3 years 7 months ago by Anonymous user.

Upgrade to 5.6.0 fails to preview and send newsletters 3 years 7 months ago #106766

• Alexandre
Hi,

To be honest, I don't have any information about this at the moment.
We are trying to solve this issue but we are not able to reproduce the problem on our end.

I think the answer from this might be a good solution : stackoverflow.com/questions/23150296/get...ompression-on-joomla
The problem may be that your server already has gzip compression turned on. When the server gzips, then Joomla tries to gzip again it can cause some weird encoding issues. Contact your hosting company and find out if they gzip automatically. If so, there is no need to have it on in Joomla.

Can someone ask their host for more information about the Gzip compression and see if the problem occurs because the Gzip Compression was applied twice (on the server side and on the Joomla side) ?
Last Edit: 3 years 7 months ago by Alexandre.

Upgrade to 5.6.0 fails to preview and send newsletters 3 years 7 months ago #106770

• Anonymous user
If what you say is true, then can you please explain why prior version of AcyMailing worked and the new version does not with Gzip within Joomla.

Nothing on the server has changed! I have checked with the hosting company and they provide just a raw config server to which we activate functionality. I have not activated Gzip on server or PHP.

Look forward to your explanation.

Upgrade to 5.6.0 fails to preview and send newsletters 3 years 7 months ago #106772

• Anonymous user
happened to me too with new version. I'm on php7, gzip turned on in both cpanel and Joomla as well as pigz turned on. I'm also using Cloudflare. On another note, there really should be a tutorial somewhere about what cache, gzip etc to turn on when using Joomla. I think there are too many redundant systems working against each other.

Upgrade to 5.6.0 fails to preview and send newsletters 3 years 7 months ago #106781

• Dax
Hello,

As the issue cannot be reproduced on our test sites, I will ask you all to give me the following information, and at least one of you to send a temporary super admin access + FTP access so that I could take a direct look at it.
You can send the access at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it., don't forget to include a link to this conversation in your message as reference.

In order to be able to help you I will need to know, for all of you:
- Your Joomla version
- Your hosting provider's name (and ideally if any gzip option/extension is turned On on your server)
- Your PHP version
- The browser you tested with (Chrome / Firefox / Edge / Opera / Safari / IE 11 - 10 - 9...)
- If the message also appears when previewing an empty newsletter (without template or content)

Kind regards,
Jeremy
-AcyMailing developer-
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

I helped you? The best way to thank me is to post a review on the JED :laugh:

Do not hesitate to illustrate your messages with screenshots, I love images :)
Always consult our tutorials before asking a question on our forum, the answer is surely there ;)

Hey look at our Video tutorials, It's really helpful to understand how Acy works!

Upgrade to 5.6.0 fails to preview and send newsletters 3 years 7 months ago #106786

• Anonymous user
I sent you information to our site to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Upgrade to 5.6.0 fails to preview and send newsletters 3 years 7 months ago #106791

• Dax
Hello again,

The downloadable package has been patched, you can download and install it again to fix this issue.

@szymas: thank you for the temporary access and the answers, it helped a lot ;)
You can now disable the admin and ftp access you gave me
-AcyMailing developer-
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

I helped you? The best way to thank me is to post a review on the JED :laugh:

Do not hesitate to illustrate your messages with screenshots, I love images :)
Always consult our tutorials before asking a question on our forum, the answer is surely there ;)

Hey look at our Video tutorials, It's really helpful to understand how Acy works!

Upgrade to 5.6.0 fails to preview and send newsletters 3 years 7 months ago #106793

• Anonymous user
All working well here now! Thanks for the great support! :silly:
Time to create page: 0.089 seconds