info

Dear guests,
You are currently on the old forum we kept as a knowledge base. You will find the new community forum here
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Keyword

TOPIC: Add firstname lastname into Recipient "To" field

Add firstname lastname into Recipient "To" field 3 years 8 months ago #106178

• Anonymous user
Hello,

I wonder if it's possible to get "firstname lastname" into the recipient "TO" field when I send a newsletter? Currently only the lastname appears.

In the "Mail Configuration" I have "Add Names" turned to Yes.
Email header does only show lastname of user in the "To" field.

If I turn "Add Names" to No, the email header shows the email address of the recipient in the "To" field.

So it seems to work. But is it possible to get "firstname + lastname" into the recipient "To" field? Or is this not possible because some email don't accept "firstname lastname"?

I use AcyMailing Enterprise 5.5.0

Thanks for a hint!
Cheers
Please log in to post a reply

Add firstname lastname into Recipient "To" field 3 years 8 months ago #106208

• Tom
Hello,

When you enable the option add names. It will add the content of the name field of the receiver.
It can happen on some mail clients that by default it only displays part of this name, but if you look at the details of the header, you will see the whole name has been sent.

Add firstname lastname into Recipient "To" field 3 years 8 months ago #106218

• Anonymous user
Tom wrote:
Hello,

When you enable the option add names. It will add the content of the name field of the receiver.
It can happen on some mail clients that by default it only displays part of this name, but if you look at the details of the header, you will see the whole name has been sent.

No here.

Our newsletter user databases contains:

firstname, lastname, e-mail

in my example:

here is an example email header (partly):

Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2016 15:58:03 +0100
To: lastname <This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.>
From: our name GmbH <This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.>
Reply-To: our name <This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.>
Subject: our subjedt
Message-ID: <This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.>
X-Mailer: PHPMailer 5.2.11 (github.com/PHPMailer/PHPMailer/)

so the tool does not assemble the name correctly with "firstname, lastname", it just uses the "last name" from the database.

we want to see "firstname, lastname <This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.>.

Add firstname lastname into Recipient "To" field 3 years 8 months ago #106223

• Tom
Which database are you talking about?
In the AcyMailing database, there is no firstname and lastname field but a name one.
You can create these fields as custom field
AcyMailing use the name field for the receiver name when sending the email.

If you imported your users from another system, then you should modify your users to have both first and last name in the name field.

Add firstname lastname into Recipient "To" field 3 years 8 months ago #106229

• Anonymous user
Tom wrote:
Which database are you talking about?
In the AcyMailing database, there is no firstname and lastname field but a name one.
You can create these fields as custom field
AcyMailing use the name field for the receiver name when sending the email.

If you imported your users from another system, then you should modify your users to have both first and last name in the name field.

Hi,

ok, seems you gave us the right hint. I will dig deeper and yes, our system are already running quite long and there were changes involved.
my database shows firstname and lastname, I will investigate how this was created.
Time to create page: 0.052 seconds