info

Dear guests,
You are currently on the old forum we kept as a knowledge base. You will find the new community forum here
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Keyword

TOPIC: Trying to create tagjevents.php file

Trying to create tagjevents.php file 3 years 8 months ago #105962

• Anonymous user
I'm trying to get acymailing to recreate the formatting that the jevents made plugin has for events, it's a bit challenging.
This is how far i've gotten:
<?php
$acyevent = '<a href="{link}" title="{title}"' ;
$acyevent .= 'style="display:block;width:40px;text-align:center; margin:3px 5px 3px 3px;text-decoration:none;color:fff;background-color:#194fa4;border:solid 1px #194fa4;float:left;clear:left;">' ;
$acyevent .= '<span style="display:block;margin:0px;background-color:#194fa4;color:#fff!important;text-decoration:none;">{date:%d}</span>' ;
$acyevent .= '<span style="display:block;margin:0px;color:#194fa4;background-color:#fff;">{date:M}</span></a>' ;
$acyevent .= '<div style="margin:3px 0px 3px 48px!padding-right:3px!important;width:auto!important">' ;
$acyevent .= '<span>{date}</span><br>' ;
$acyevent .= '<span><a href="{link}" target="_top">{title}</a></span></div>' ;
echo $acyevent ;
?>
This creates the datebox, and the text. But it's not close to being correct:

almost.png

As you can see, if I try to format the date, it shows current date formatted, instead of event date.
The title shows 'location' instead of event title.
There is as far as I can see, currently no way to get the 'event colour', in jevents each category can have it's own colour code, but I don't see how to extract that?
I would also like to only show the time of the event in the text, if the event is on one day, but that's a bit further down the line.
Best regards
Fribse

Dykkerklubben Dannebroge www.dkdb.dk
We're a volunteer driven diving club in Mosede, Denmark.
Har du brug for en dykkerklub der rummer alle, så kom ned til os.
Last Edit: 3 years 8 months ago by Anonymous user.
Please log in to post a reply

Trying to create tagjevents.php file 3 years 8 months ago #105993

• Dax
Hello,

If you need to hire us to develop this custom plugin layout, you can use this contact form: www.acyba.com/acyba/development-services.html

Regards,
Jeremy
-AcyMailing developer-
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

I helped you? The best way to thank me is to post a review on the JED :laugh:

Do not hesitate to illustrate your messages with screenshots, I love images :)
Always consult our tutorials before asking a question on our forum, the answer is surely there ;)

Hey look at our Video tutorials, It's really helpful to understand how Acy works!

Trying to create tagjevents.php file 3 years 8 months ago #106016

• Anonymous user
Hi Dax

Say what? Let me get this straight.
I've given you two things that your documentation doesn't show right (title/date, the formatting is per your description), and thus it's not possible to create the tagjevents.php file, and one information missing from the documentation (colour), and because of that I need to hire you as developers?

Btw. I just dumped the $event object you create, it doesn't even contain the title, so what use is it? That is clearly a bug, so of course it gives us every reason to hire you as developers (warning: sarcasm can appear).

/Kenneth
Best regards
Fribse

Last Edit: 3 years 8 months ago by Anonymous user.

Trying to create tagjevents.php file 3 years 8 months ago #106139

• Alexandre
Hi,

There no possibility to change the date format so you will have to use {date} and this will be correctly replaced by the event date.
Concerning the title, you can see in the documentation that the tag you need to use is : {summary}
www.acyba.com/acymailing/123-acymailing-...vents.html#customize

If you're comfortable with PHP then feel free to use a var_dump($event);
You will see all the event information loaded from AcyMailing and you will be able to use them via some PHP code.

Trying to create tagjevents.php file 3 years 8 months ago #106176

• Anonymous user
Thankyou for the hints. I've given up on your jevents plugin, as the only reason for looking into it was the 'if' sentence, that doesn't work on it.
Best regards
Fribse

Time to create page: 0.202 seconds