info

Dear guests,
You are currently on the old forum we kept as a knowledge base. You will find the new community forum here
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Keyword

TOPIC: Confirmation URL change in different directory (Joomla API)

Confirmation URL change in different directory (Joomla API) 3 years 8 months ago #105796

• Anonymous user
Hi,

I'm creating custom sign-up page on different directory in Joomla root folder.
All is good if i put the .php file directly on Joomla root folder, but when i create another directory inside Joomla root folder the confirmation url of new user (send through email) had been change to the name of the directory.

Im using this documentation on inserting new subscriber:
www.acyba.com/acymailing/64-acymailing-d...ation.html#joomlaapi

For example;
If i put the signup.php file directly in Joomla root folder the confirmation url like this (no problem)
http://www.domain.com/index.php?subid=123456&option=com_acymailing&ctrl=user&task=confirm&key=....

But if i put the index.php(signup.php file rename to index.php) on "FOLDER" directory inside Joomla root it became (now this is the problem).
http://www.domain.com/FOLDER/index.php?subid=123456&option=com_acymailing&ctrl=user&task=confirm&key=....

The url seems off as the confirmation action is not being triggered, but the data is correctly inserted into database.

I include the Joomla API through root folder as i do not found a way to include it on the "FOLDER" directory.

Thanks.
Please log in to post a reply

Confirmation URL change in different directory (Joomla API) 3 years 8 months ago #105808

• Alexandre
Hi,

Could you please let me know why you're trying to create custom sign-up pages on different directory ?
Please let me know what you're trying to achieve and what's the main idea of this ?

This way I will be able to give you a better solution ;)

Confirmation URL change in different directory (Joomla API) 3 years 8 months ago #105809

• Anonymous user
My intention is that each of the list have different sign-up page (in terms of design etc.) because i do have separate website on another domain, which is not Joomla. Also we do have sql operation in the php file to insert the data on our own database.

As for why i need to put into another directory is because the landing URL. As if i put it on the root directory the URL will be www.domain.com/sign-up-web1.php instead of www.domain.com/sign-up-web1 only. Also the file can be easily managed.

If you do have another work around, i would gladly to try it out.

Thanks!

Confirmation URL change in different directory (Joomla API) 3 years 8 months ago #105837

• Anonymous user
Hi,

Just found a work around about this matter.
I made an external file in root folder which will import the file in "FOLDER" directory and use htaccess rules to remove out the .php extension.

Have a good day. Cheers!
Last Edit: 3 years 8 months ago by Anonymous user.
Time to create page: 0.082 seconds