info

Dear guests,
You are currently on the old forum we kept as a knowledge base. You will find the new community forum here
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Keyword

TOPIC: Running ACYMailing from different server

Running ACYMailing from different server 3 years 8 months ago #105437

• Anonymous user
I am using Acymailing with Joomla 2.5.

We need to run acymailing using a cron on a server other than the live server. It works, with the exception of the links to the articles and other content. the links contain the url of the cron server, and not the public url of the live server.

Both servers use the same database. And the content is all correct and working with the exception of the links

I would like to try to hardcode the url in the code.

Thanks!
Please log in to post a reply

Running ACYMailing from different server 3 years 8 months ago #105466

• Alexandre
Hi,

In fact each time a tag is replaced, AcyMailing inserts the current website URL. As your AcyMailing instance is on another website then the link is not correct.
A solution could be to replace the tags by the exact URL in your newsletter as the tag will never give the correct URL..

Running ACYMailing from different server 3 years 8 months ago #105472

• Anonymous user
Yes, but it is not practical to replace the tag for every article, and every event, every night.

If you could point me to the line of code where it grabs that url, I can try to hardcode it in there.

Running ACYMailing from different server 3 years 8 months ago #105513

• Alexandre
Hi,

You shouldn't try to hardcode it as it will break almost every features in AcyMailing.
In fact AcyMailing uses a global var which is your website URL.
If you change this then the URL will be changed in every AcyMailing pages/functions and this will break too much things.

A solution could to create your own tag plugin based on the tagcontent plugin and set this one to use the URL you want : www.acyba.com/acymailing/64-acymailing-d...cumentation.html#tag
Time to create page: 0.065 seconds