info

Dear guests,
You are currently on the old forum we kept as a knowledge base. You will find the new community forum here
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Keyword

TOPIC: How to disable intro image in the generated Joomla article content?

How to disable intro image in the generated Joomla article content? 3 years 9 months ago #105133

• Anonymous user
Hi,

I have generated my first newsletter and see that in the head of every article introduction two images are placed. And I realised that
- the first image comes from the article introduction (in my website each article has an images at the very beginning of the introduction)
- the second image comes from the article settings - the article intro images configured in the article extended settings.

so at the end I have two images in the newsletter for every article.

The question now is it possible to disable rendering the article intro image into the newsletter content ? (to avoid two images in my case) ?

thanks in advance
Martin
Attachments:
Please log in to post a reply

How to disable intro image in the generated Joomla article content? 3 years 9 months ago #105190

• Alexandre
Hi,

When you're inserting your tag you have an option to not display the pictures : www.acyba.com/acymailing/78-acymailing-p...gcontent.html#plugin

You should set this option to "No" and you will be done ;)

How to disable intro image in the generated Joomla article content? 3 years 9 months ago #105225

• Anonymous user
hi Alexandre,

thanks for your answer. But I as you can read in my question - I do not want to disable pictures - I want to avoid having 2 pictures. Setting the option to OFF removes all pictures from the Newsletter.

So let me rephrase my question again:
I have every article starting with picture in its introduction. And every article has image configured in the article meta configuration (needed for other plugins generating thumbs).

And my problems is the generated Newsletter contains two pictures - one taken from the article introduction and second from article meta configuration. I need to disable somehow one of them. I can try to adjust the template how the newsletter is generated if you point me the php file.

thanks in advance
Martin

How to disable intro image in the generated Joomla article content? 3 years 9 months ago #105274

• Alexandre
Hi,

I think the best solution is to access your website back end so that I will be able to see what's the problem ;)
Please provide me with a temporary super admin account to your website (URL + Credentials) at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. and let me know how to reproduce the issue.
This way I will take a deeper look at it and let you know how to solve this.

Please don't forget to mention this thread URL in your email ;)
Last Edit: 3 years 9 months ago by Alexandre.

How to disable intro image in the generated Joomla article content? 3 years 7 months ago #106863

• Anonymous user
hi Alexandre,

any update? Did you have chance to look at the problem?

thx in advance

Marcin

How to disable intro image in the generated Joomla article content? 3 years 7 months ago #106886

• Alexandre
Hi,

Did you send us an access to your website ?
I can't find any email belonging to this conversation.

Let me know !

How to disable intro image in the generated Joomla article content? 3 years 7 months ago #106918

• Anonymous user
Hi

I'm having too this problem. I've using a intro image for some frontpage plugins, and another one inside the article. When include this articles in my mailing, acyba send both images. I could take you some credentials if want it.

How to disable intro image in the generated Joomla article content? 3 years 7 months ago #106938

• Alexandre
Hi,

I would be glad if you can send us credentials ;)

How to disable intro image in the generated Joomla article content? 3 years 7 months ago #106959

• Anonymous user
I have some credentials, but .... How to send you this? :huh: please email me if posible.

How to disable intro image in the generated Joomla article content? 3 years 7 months ago #106961

• Anonymous user
hi,

I have sent right now valid credentials to address : This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

thanks in advance
Martin

How to disable intro image in the generated Joomla article content? 3 years 7 months ago #106977

• Tom
Hello,

Thanks for the access.

The issue is that you have an image inside the article before the readmore and at the same time you have set the same image in the "intro image" parameter (tab "Images and links") of the article.
​This is why there is twice the same picture inserted the the newsletter.
The tag you use (intro only) insert the content of the article before the readmore and the intro image you have set in the article parameters.
So if you only want one of them you should modify your article.

How to disable intro image in the generated Joomla article content? 3 years 7 months ago #107001

• Anonymous user
hi Tom,

thanks for your answer. So the same I have described in my original post. This is how my articles are configured and I can not (and dont want to) change.

So my question actually is if there is a way to adjust the AcyMailing to not put the article intro (including the images in the article intro) but to not put the image set in the article parameters? I understand there is no such config in AcyMailing tag (for the time being) but maybe you can show me the line of code I could change to exclude the image from article parameters?

And long term could you please consider to add a parameter to the AcyMailiing tag like "exclude article meta image" - which would exclude only image from article parameters?

thanks in advance
Martin

How to disable intro image in the generated Joomla article content? 3 years 7 months ago #107019

• Dax
Hello Martin,

You can exclude the intro image in the file plugins/acymailing/tagcontent/tagcontent.php near line 980 by adding " && false" in the condition:
if(ACYMAILING_J16 && !empty($article->images) && !empty($tag->pict) && false){

You could also create a custom template that doesn't insert the intro image: www.acyba.com/acymailing/78-acymailing-p...ontent.html#template

I'll add an extra parameter to exclude the intro image in the next version.

Jeremy
-AcyMailing developer-
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

I helped you? The best way to thank me is to post a review on the JED :laugh:

Do not hesitate to illustrate your messages with screenshots, I love images :)
Always consult our tutorials before asking a question on our forum, the answer is surely there ;)

Hey look at our Video tutorials, It's really helpful to understand how Acy works!

How to disable intro image in the generated Joomla article content? 3 years 7 months ago #107024

• Anonymous user
hi Dax,

thanks for your answer and giving me tips how to achieve this :)

If you would add such AcyMailing tag config parameter in the next version this would be really great !

I see I did some typos in my last post, so just to be 100% sure want I want to achieve I repeat:

- my articles have always image embedded directly in the article intro text - this image I want to keep in the newsletter
- my articles have additionally always another image configured in the article meta configuration (used by some plugins) - this image I DONT want to be inserted into newsletter

many many thanks in advance !!

Martin
Time to create page: 0.073 seconds