info

Dear guests,
You are currently on the old forum we kept as a knowledge base. You will find the new community forum here
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC: Edit link Text and color: WHY AM I RECEIVING THIS EMAIL?

Edit link Text and color: WHY AM I RECEIVING THIS EMAIL? 3 years 11 months ago #102905

• Anonymous user
Hello

Where can i edit the top links for: "why am i receiving this email?"

Screen_Shot_09-02-16_at_11_01_AM.png

Edit Color? Language etc.

Where can i edit the follow site... when i click on this link?

Screen_Shot_09-02-16_at_11_00_AM.png

Or can i remove this link?

Thanks for help

best regards

Adi
Please log in to post a reply

Edit link Text and color: WHY AM I RECEIVING THIS EMAIL? 3 years 11 months ago #102923

• Dax
Hello,

You can add your own CSS in the Acy configuration page, tab "Interfaces": www.acyba.com/acymailing/55-acymailing-config.html#icss

Jeremy
-AcyMailing developer-
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

I helped you? The best way to thank me is to post a review on the JED :laugh:

Do not hesitate to illustrate your messages with screenshots, I love images :)
Always consult our tutorials before asking a question on our forum, the answer is surely there ;)

Hey look at our Video tutorials, It's really helpful to understand how Acy works!

Edit link Text and color: WHY AM I RECEIVING THIS EMAIL? 3 years 11 months ago #103015

• Anonymous user
Thanks for your Feedback Dax

But i want remove this two links in the E-mail.

Where can i delete, edit (language) or deaktivate this?
  • UNSUBSCRIBE
  • WHY AM I RECEIVING THIS EMAIL?

Screen_Shot_09-05-16_at_03_00_PM.png

<A style="TEXT-DECORATION: none; COLOR: #990000" href="tracking.domain.ch/tracking/reportspam?m...amp;email=mailadress">Unsubscribe</A>

Many Thanks

Adi

Edit link Text and color: WHY AM I RECEIVING THIS EMAIL? 3 years 11 months ago #103046

• Dax
I have absolutely no idea, this is not added by AcyMailing.
You added to your newsletter (in this case simply edit the newsletter and remove it) or your sending method automatically adds it (in this case change your sending method to an external SMTP service or ask your sending method's manager to remove it).

Jeremy
-AcyMailing developer-
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Always consult our tutorials before asking a question on our forum, the answer is surely there ;)

Hey look at our Video tutorials, It's really helpful to understand how Acy works!

Edit link Text and color: WHY AM I RECEIVING THIS EMAIL? 3 years 11 months ago #103057

• Anonymous user
This header is added by Elastic email, we have the same issue, elastic email does not recognise the unsubscribe link in acymailing so it adds this ugly thing. You can contact elastic email to remove it but they will just add it back the next time you send unless you add their own code, which doesn't work in acymailing because of the urlencode that happens.

Edit link Text and color: WHY AM I RECEIVING THIS EMAIL? 3 years 10 months ago #103101

• Anonymous user
Ja, klar kommt von ElasticMail... danke @stip

Bin fast verzweifelt... da wäre ich nicht draufgekommen....

Sieht echt so aus, dass man das beantragen muss...
¨
Hier die Antwort von elasticmail:

Hello Adi,

All emails need to have a working unsubscribe button. You can add your own using this documentation: https://elasticemail.com/support/user-interface/unsubscribe

Please let us know once this is done, so we will be able to remove the forced header.

Regards,
xx Elasticmail..

Werde dem mal nachgehen...

gruss

adi

Edit link Text and color: WHY AM I RECEIVING THIS EMAIL? 3 years 10 months ago #103154

• Dax
Hi,

Ok I see what happens. When sending an email containing links, for example:

<a href="http://www.mysite.com/index.php?opt=value1&opt2=weirdValue('è_{ç&opt3=value3">Click here</a>

As the special characters are not allowed in URLs, le values are urlencoded so that they are not interpreted, which gives:

<a href="www.mysite.com/index.php?opt=value1&opt2...7B%C3%A7&opt3=value3">Click here</a>

It works the same way with the ElasticEmail unsubscription link, the "{" and "}" are special characters.

This is a security automatically added to links by any html handler.
I contacted the ElasticEmail team about it, and I'll add a modification to AcyMailing in the next version to ignore the "{" and "}" special characters for the EE unsub links ;)

Jeremy

P.S: For those who can't wait for the next version, you can replace the file components/com_acymailing/inc/emogrifier/emogrifier.php by the one I put in attachment.
Attachments:
-AcyMailing developer-

Edit link Text and color: WHY AM I RECEIVING THIS EMAIL? 3 years 10 months ago #103157

• Anonymous user
Hi Dax,

When will this version be released?
I do not like changing at many places and i will need to do that if it is not ready in a few days.

A fix version that i can use in watchfulli and install everywhere would be nice :-D

Thanks!

Edit link Text and color: WHY AM I RECEIVING THIS EMAIL? 3 years 10 months ago #103169

• Anonymous user
Hi Dax,

I get an email of elastic email to add this link.

{autounsubscribe:acy-mailing-unsubscribe-link}

So i created this link:

<a href="{autounsubscribe:index.php?subid={subtag:subid|urlencode}&option=com_acymailing&ctrl=user&task=saveunsub&key={subtag:key|urlencode}&mailid={mailid}&unsublist=1}">unsubscribe link</a>

No luck there yet..

Any suggestions what should work now?

Edit link Text and color: WHY AM I RECEIVING THIS EMAIL? 3 years 10 months ago #103170

• Anonymous user
Now i also tried only the link of EE but still no luck.

And i did use your fix in emogrifier.php

These 2 are for me the most logical solution.
The second is working but is only unsubscribe from elastic email.

<p><a href="{autounsubscribe:index.php?subid={subtag:subid|urlencode}&option=com_acymailing&ctrl=user&task=saveunsub&key={subtag:key|urlencode}&mailid={mailid}&unsublist=1}">EE auto: unsubscribe link</a></p>

<p><a href="{unsubscribeauto}" style="">EE auto unsubscribe only</a></p>

Edit link Text and color: WHY AM I RECEIVING THIS EMAIL? 3 years 10 months ago #103178

• Dax
Hi,

The patch I attached to my previous message only handles the solutions listed on this page: elasticemail.com/support/user-interface/unsubscribe

The correct syntax is:
<a href="{unsubscribeauto:index.php?subid={subtag:subid|urlencode}&option=com_acymailing&ctrl=user&task=saveunsub&key={subtag:key|urlencode}&mailid={mailid}&unsublist=1}">Click here to unsubscribe</a>

Jeremy
-AcyMailing developer-

Edit link Text and color: WHY AM I RECEIVING THIS EMAIL? 3 years 10 months ago #103202

• Dax
Hi,

The ElasticEmail contacted me back, they modified their script to handle the encoded version of "{" and "}", can someone test it without the modification I gave in my previous posts and confirm me that the unsubscription links are now recognized?

Thanks!
Jeremy
-AcyMailing developer-

Edit link Text and color: WHY AM I RECEIVING THIS EMAIL? 3 years 10 months ago #103204

• Anonymous user
Hello Dax

Thank you very much for your efforts!

I have tested it. Unfortunately the Elasticemail buttons are still present.

Screen_Shot_09-09-16_at_01_57_PM.png

Edit link Text and color: WHY AM I RECEIVING THIS EMAIL? 3 years 10 months ago #103209

• Anonymous user
Hi Adiheutschi,

You have to tell them to remove it.
It does not automaticly dissapear :-)

You must check the link and if you can unsubscribe in Elastic and acy together

Edit link Text and color: WHY AM I RECEIVING THIS EMAIL? 3 years 10 months ago #103210

• Anonymous user

Edit link Text and color: WHY AM I RECEIVING THIS EMAIL? 3 years 10 months ago #103315

• Dax
Well then I guess I'll have to apply my modification to AcyMailing :/
@adiheutschi: can you send a temporary back-end access to your site + FTP access at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with a link to this conversation? I'll test it directly on your site to make sure it works with my modification.
-AcyMailing developer-

Edit link Text and color: WHY AM I RECEIVING THIS EMAIL? 3 years 10 months ago #103330

• Anonymous user
I have send it!

Edit link Text and color: WHY AM I RECEIVING THIS EMAIL? 3 years 10 months ago #103423

• Dax
Hi,

The ElasticEmail team told me that the EE unsub header is automatically added to your account when sending an email without their unsub link.
Now that you can use their unsub link, you must contact them as the unsub header is not automatically removed and should be manually disabled by their staff.

@adiheutschi.ch: they removed their unsub header from the emails sent through your site, just make sure to always use a link like this in your newsletters:
<a href="{unsubscribeauto:{unsubscribe}{/unsubscribe}}">Click here to unsubscribe</a>

@stip: I'll add a modification to the next version of AcyMailing, and maybe make Acy automatically replace the unsubscription link by the EE one, if EE is used as sending method (if I have the time to develop it before the release)

Jeremy
-AcyMailing developer-

Edit link Text and color: WHY AM I RECEIVING THIS EMAIL? 3 years 8 months ago #105416

• Anonymous user
As far as i know it is still not fixed right?
Can you tell me this fix?

Edit link Text and color: WHY AM I RECEIVING THIS EMAIL? 3 years 8 months ago #105419

• Anonymous user
Im waiting on this as well. None of the examples above worked for me.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.118 seconds