info

Dear guests,
You are currently on the old forum we kept as a knowledge base. You will find the new community forum here
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC: Insert Events Images with jevents-plugin tag / custom template

Insert Events Images with jevents-plugin tag / custom template 4 years 1 month ago #100204

• Anonymous user
Hi,

I am using the jevents tag plugin to insert jevents events in newsletter and I am setting up a custom template with tagjevents.php file.
But I tried several ways to insert event image and cannot get this done... pls help.
Regards,
Daniel
Please log in to post a reply

Insert Events Images with jevents-plugin tag / custom template 4 years 1 month ago #100224

• Dax
Hi Daniel,

In the plugin, we use {imgpath0} to get the image's URL.
You can see all the tags you can use in your custom plugin layout with this code:
<?php
foreach($varFields as $key => $value){
    echo '{ '.trim($key, '{}').' } => '.$value.'<br />';
}
?>

Jeremy
-AcyMailing developer-
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

I helped you? The best way to thank me is to post a review on the JED :laugh:

Do not hesitate to illustrate your messages with screenshots, I love images :)
Always consult our tutorials before asking a question on our forum, the answer is surely there ;)

Hey look at our Video tutorials, It's really helpful to understand how Acy works!

Insert Events Images with jevents-plugin tag / custom template 4 years 1 month ago #100232

• Anonymous user
Hi Dax,

great, works well and good to know how to display all {}!
Sorry to disturb you again: Can I show custom field values?

Regards,
Daniel

Insert Events Images with jevents-plugin tag / custom template 4 years 1 month ago #100245

• Dax
You should be able to display the custom fields using {cf|the field}. They are available if you selected them when inserting your tag.
-AcyMailing developer-
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Always consult our tutorials before asking a question on our forum, the answer is surely there ;)

Hey look at our Video tutorials, It's really helpful to understand how Acy works!

Insert Events Images with jevents-plugin tag / custom template 4 years 1 month ago #100264

• Anonymous user
Hi,

I added: {cf|field1010} to file but it did not show field value but "{cf|field1010}". I also tried {field1010} but did not work also. Any clues?
REgards,
Daniel

Insert Events Images with jevents-plugin tag / custom template 4 years 1 month ago #100274

• Dax
Did you select this field when inserting your tag? If so, did you use the code I gave you to see if you find the field's key and value in what is listed?
-AcyMailing developer-

Insert Events Images with jevents-plugin tag / custom template 4 years 1 month ago #100287

• Anonymous user
Hi,

I am using Jev custom fields but there is no way to select them when using jev tag in Acy Newsletter. Documentation says there should be a way to choose below field "display" but it is not in my case.

tags.jpg

Regards,
Daniel

Insert Events Images with jevents-plugin tag / custom template 4 years 1 month ago #100300

• Dax
I will take a look at it, in the meantime you can manually add "|customfields:field1010" in your tag so it is loaded.

In the plugin's code, the custom fields are displayed if:
- you have Joomla 2.5 or 3.5
- the file plugins / jevents / jevcustomfields exists
- a "template" exists for this plugin (I honestly can't recall what it is): plugins / jevents / jevcustomfields / customfields / templates / thetemplate.xml
-AcyMailing developer-

Insert Events Images with jevents-plugin tag / custom template 4 years 1 month ago #100317

• Anonymous user
Hi,

Thank you. Unfirtunatenly it did not work for me. Anyhow, would be great if you could have a look at some time.
I am using latest versions of Acymailing, Joomla 2.5.8, jev customfields plugin and a template (otherwise jev-customfields would not work).

I added |customfields:field1010 to tag but it was not shown as available value in the output list of avaiable fields/values.
Regards,
Daniel

Insert Events Images with jevents-plugin tag / custom template 4 years 1 month ago #100369

• Dax
If you want, you can send me a temporary access to your site + and FTP access at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. so that I could take a look at it.
If you do so, please add a link to this conversation in your message.
-AcyMailing developer-

Insert Events Images with jevents-plugin tag / custom template 3 years 9 months ago #105066

• Anonymous user
Hi,
did you solve this issue? I have absolutely the same case and can't figure it out. Could you help please?

- I have Joomla 3.4.5
- the file plugins / jevents / jevcustomfields exists
- custom template by path / jevents / jevcustomfields / customfields / templates / mytemplate.xml exists

Regards,
Anna
Last Edit: 3 years 9 months ago by Anonymous user.

Insert Events Images with jevents-plugin tag / custom template 3 years 9 months ago #105090

• Anonymous user
Hi,

sorry, was not ably to fix this since I did not want to provide access to my life site. I hope they will get this fiexed at some time, since they offer the plugin ;-)
Regards,
Daniel

Insert Events Images with jevents-plugin tag / custom template 3 years 9 months ago #105102

• Alexandre
Hi @anya_ya,

If you want, you can send me a temporary access to your site + and FTP access at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. so that I could take a look at it.
If you do so, please add a link to this conversation in your message.

Insert Events Images with jevents-plugin tag / custom template 3 years 8 months ago #105184

• Anonymous user
Hi Alexandre,
sorry for delayed answer, i was trying to figure out what's going on. Till now we updated all the components and plugins in our site (acymailing, jevents, jevents cutom fields, jevents tag and filter).

Now I can suspect what's wrong and why custom fields don't display in Tags popup of Smart-newsletter composing:

in plugins/acymailing/tagjevents/tagjevents.php the code is trying to load "params" attribute in custom xml template file (by path: plugins\jevents\jevcustomfields\customfields\templates\) , but this attribute is absent there.

It looks like "AcyMailing Tag and filter" plugin expects that custom fields were created according to this kind of manual:
taijitsudo27.webtoots.com/download/Jeven...nce-customfields.pdf

but in fact fields should be composed by this manual:
templesinaiatlanta.org/images/PDF/custom_fields_usage_3.0.2.pdf

The Custom Fields plugin itself creates custom fields according to 2nd instruction, so more likely this way is more actual.

Could you investigate this case and give us a hint how custom fields xml-file should be created to make it work in both plugins?

Regards,
Anna
Last Edit: 3 years 8 months ago by Anonymous user.

Insert Events Images with jevents-plugin tag / custom template 3 years 8 months ago #105246

• Dax
Hello,

Could you tell me exactly what is different? Did the folder change or is it only "params" and "param" that have been renamed into "fields" and "field"?

Did you try to replace "$jevCf = $xml->params->param;" by "$jevCf = $xml->fields->field;" line 150 and 935 to see if it was working?

Jeremy
-AcyMailing developer-

Insert Events Images with jevents-plugin tag / custom template 3 years 8 months ago #105313

• Anonymous user
Hi,

no it doesn't help to replace lines "$jevCf = $xml->params->param;" by "$jevCf = $xml->fields->field; in tagjevents.php
The fields still don't display

no_cfields.jpg

but if to reorganize template xml-file where custom fields define to "params" way >> the fields display, but they stop working in JEvents

cfields_display.jpg

For example this is custom fields template file that works and creates by JEvents custom field plugin and the field doesn't show in acymailing Tag window

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<form>
<description>
<![CDATA[

]]>
</description>
<fields>
<fieldset addfieldpath="/plugins/jevents/jevcustomfields/customfields/" />
<fieldset name="default" >
<field name="speaker" type="jevcftext" label="Speaker" description="Name of speaker" default="" access="1" readaccess="1" searchable="1" size="20" maxlength="100" cf="" cfvfv="0" />
</fieldset>
</fields>
</form>

And this is the same file with custom field that displays in Tag window but doesn't work in JEvents, and by the way if to check this fields the tag will not insert in the letter

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<config>
<params addpath="/plugins/jevents/customfields/" >
<param name="speaker" type="jevrtext" default="default text" size="20" categoryrestrictions="232,291" maxlength="100" required="1" searchable="1" label="Speaker" description="Name of speaker" allowoverride="0" filter="1" access="0" requiredmessage="The field (Text Field) is required" />

</params>
</config>
Last Edit: 3 years 8 months ago by Anonymous user.

Insert Events Images with jevents-plugin tag / custom template 3 years 8 months ago #105331

• Dax
Hi,

I just updated the Jevents plugin, could you test it and tell me if it works now?
www.acyba.com/acymailing/123-acymailing-plugin-tagjevents.html

Jeremy
-AcyMailing developer-

Insert Events Images with jevents-plugin tag / custom template 3 years 8 months ago #105348

• Anonymous user
Great! Now I got all my custom fields display in Tag popup. But when mark the custom field its tag doesn't insert neither into message body nor into 'Insert the tag' input box. So I still can't use custom fields into the letter body :( Any ideas how to fix this?

cf2.jpg

Insert Events Images with jevents-plugin tag / custom template 3 years 8 months ago #105369

• Anonymous user
Hi Jeremy,

do you use any test environment? Do custom fields work for you and can be successfully inserted in smart-newsletter?

Insert Events Images with jevents-plugin tag / custom template 3 years 8 months ago #105375

• Dax
I didn't take the time to install JEvents, the Jev custom fields plugin and setup a custom field configuration, I just hoped it to work directly :(

Note that you have to select at least one event in the "Event" tab of the plugin to see something in the "Insert the tag" input box..
-AcyMailing developer-

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.157 seconds