info

Dear guests,
You are currently on the old forum we kept as a knowledge base. You will find the new community forum here
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Keyword

TOPIC: DKIM Issue

DKIM Issue 4 years 2 months ago #97736

• Anonymous user
Hi there

I have set up DKIM on my DNS and the Spam test confirmed this. The problem I have is that my message doesn't match the DKIM signature.

I have ACymailing set up on a different domain as well and it works flawlessly. I am unable to get this one's DKIM fixed though.

The Joomla installation is on my server (eventcloud.co). We use Google Apps for Business to send email and that is set up in Acymailing.

I am trying to set up email for the domain excemed.org and have set up DKIM on this domain's DNS which is working fine.

Where and how do I set my MESSAGE SIGNATURE's DKIM?

Here's the result from the Spam Test:
DomainKeys Identified Mail (DKIM) is a method for associating a domain name to an email message, thereby allowing a person, role, or organization to claim some responsibility for the message.

The DKIM signature of your message is:
v=1;
a=rsa-sha1;
q=dns/txt;
l=7598;
s=acy;
t=1460784515;
c=relaxed/simple;
h=from:to:subject;
d=excemed.org;
bh=o5q6T+CAf81itbZ+R3ePGujdXPE=;
b=VGGHSyh0gGK6BCR27KMVhGoD9S7F... REDACTED=

Your public key is:
"v=DKIM1;
s=email;
t=s;
p=MIGfMA0GCSqGSIb3DQEBAQUA... REDACTED"
Key length: 1024bits

Your DKIM signature is not valid

One thing worth noting perhaps is that I changed the default domain in the DKIM settings on Acymailing to excemed.org since I want to send emails from the excemed.org domain instead of eventcloud.co

Last Edit: 4 years 2 months ago by Anonymous user.
Please log in to post a reply

DKIM Issue 4 years 2 months ago #97763

• Dax
Hello,

The DKIM added by AcyMailing is based on the email content, so if your server modifies it even a little bit when sending, the DKIM will not be valid.
You can try an other sending method like an SMTP server to see if the DKIM works with it.

Regards,
Jeremy
-AcyMailing developer-
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

I helped you? The best way to thank me is to post a review on the JED :laugh:

Do not hesitate to illustrate your messages with screenshots, I love images :)
Always consult our tutorials before asking a question on our forum, the answer is surely there ;)

Hey look at our Video tutorials, It's really helpful to understand how Acy works!

DKIM Issue 4 years 2 months ago #97770

• Anonymous user
Dax wrote:
Hello,

The DKIM added by AcyMailing is based on the email content, so if your server modifies it even a little bit when sending, the DKIM will not be valid.
You can try an other sending method like an SMTP server to see if the DKIM works with it.

Regards,
Jeremy

Hi Dax

I am using an SMTP server (Google).

I have another Acymailing instance running on a different domain and it works 100% with Google Mail.

Please help me sort this out :(

DKIM Issue 4 years 2 months ago #97836

• Dax
Well if the DKIM works correctly with Google Mail on a different domain, it means the issue doesn't come from Acy or GMail but from the server. Sadly we don't have any staff member used to server configurations.
If you're absolutely sure to have added the correct DKIM reccord into your server's DNS and that you have the latest version of AcyMailing, you should contact your host to know if they modify the sent emails.
-AcyMailing developer-
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Always consult our tutorials before asking a question on our forum, the answer is surely there ;)

Hey look at our Video tutorials, It's really helpful to understand how Acy works!

DKIM Issue 4 years 2 months ago #97848

• Anonymous user
Hi Dax

The domain is hosted on the same server. Same installation of WHM/cPanel.

Acymailing tells me the DKIM on the server is correct, it says the DKIM in the MESSAGE is incorrect

DKIM Issue 4 years 2 months ago #97869

• Dax
And you're absolutely sure to use the exact same version of AcyMailing on both sites? Did you modify the default DKIM record given by AcyMailing when turning On the DKIM option?
-AcyMailing developer-

DKIM Issue 4 years 2 months ago #97883

• Anonymous user
Domain #1 (100% working): AcyMailing Enterprise : 5.2.0
DKIM Value:
v=DKIM1;s=email;t=s;p=MIGfMA0GCSqGSIb3DQEBAQUAA4GNADCBiQKBgQCv...[REDACTED]

Domain #2 (DKIM Issues): AcyMailing Enterprise : 5.2.0
DKIM Value:
v=DKIM1;s=email;t=s;p=MIGfMA0GCSqGSIb3DQEBAQUAA4GNADCBiQKBgQCs...[REDACTED]

I cannot modify the DKIM from Acymailing. The input is disabled. I can only copy the text

Here's the DKIM check results from mail-tester

DKIM Issue 4 years 2 months ago #97963

• Dax
Hello,

Could you try turning Off the "Embed images" option in the Acy configuration of the site with a failing DKIM?
If the issue remains, could you make sure you didn't add any attachment to your email?
Could you also make sure you don't use special characters in the "From" field of the Acy configuration?

If none of this helps you, you can change the encoding format in the Acy configuration to "quoted-printable" instead of "8bit".

Jeremy
-AcyMailing developer-

DKIM Issue 4 years 2 months ago #97966

• Anonymous user
Hi Dax

Those changes made no difference.

On another topic:

I entered the "Sender Information" to show the email coming from @excemed.org etc, but it shows the email as sent from @eventcloud.co

Screenshots below:

DKIM Issue 4 years 2 months ago #98009

• Dax
Your SMTP may not allow you to use an other "From" address than the one used, or the domain "eventcloud.org" does not allow the address "This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it." to use its domain as "From" address.
-AcyMailing developer-

DKIM Issue 3 years 5 months ago #107390

• Anonymous user
Hi,
I have the same issue here (Acymailing v5.6.1 and Joomla v3.6.5). I use smtp server Sendpulse.com and have set the DNS to match their DKIM accordingly. In the spamtester I get the result that the "DKIM signature of your message" is something else than the server DKIM.

In the documentation I can read this:
---
If your mail server already handles a DKIM signature or if there is a way to enable this DKIM signature on your server without using the AcyMailing one, then you should NOT use the AcyMailing DKIM signature but configure the one you have on your server.
Cpanel, Plesk, Sendmail, Postfix, QMail will enable you to handle a DKIM signature automatically.
The same way, if you already use an SMTP server which handles DKIM, you should not enable the AcyMailing DKIM signature.
---

So I have set DKIM to NO in configuration of ACYMailing, but the component still seem to set an own DKIM for each message...?

What can I do about this? I have tested all suggestions in this thread.

With kind regards,
- Johan.

DKIM Issue 3 years 5 months ago #107403

• Alexandre
Hi,

Please provide me with your Spam Test URL. We will take a look at it ;)

DKIM Issue 3 years 5 months ago #107407

• Anonymous user
Thanks, here: mailtester.acyba.com/acy-aHN0cm9tLnNlLw-1483621627

With kind regards,
- Johan.

DKIM Issue 3 years 5 months ago #107417

• Anonymous user
Alexandre wrote:
Please provide me with your Spam Test URL. We will take a look at it ;)

Any idea?

With kind regards,
- Johan.

DKIM Issue 3 years 5 months ago #107427

• Alexandre
Hello,

Here are some solutions for you :

- Your DKIM key seems to be invalid.. It should look like "v=DKIM...." but it is invalid. (Public key in your SPAM test)
So you should make sure the AcyMailing is disabled then correct this one by making sure the configuration on your sending service is correct.

- Another solution is to use the AcyMailing DKIM and not try to use the DKIM from your sending service as it seems to be not working.
Time to create page: 0.469 seconds