info

Dear guests,
You are currently on the old forum we kept as a knowledge base. You will find the new community forum here
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Keyword

TOPIC: Sender Information for Distribution Lists

Sender Information for Distribution Lists 4 years 5 months ago #95338

• Anonymous user
Hi!

For a distribution list you can specify sender information (From Address, Reply-To Address) either by a template or by mail configuration. However, you can specify just one single sender. So all mails sent to a distribution list are forwarded with the informaion of only one sender.

My question is: Is it possible not to specify concrete sender information for a distribution list? So if sender A sends a mail to a distribution list, the mail should be forwarded with sender information from sender A. If sender B sends a mail, sender information from sender B should be taken.

Thanks a lot!
Please log in to post a reply

Sender Information for Distribution Lists 4 years 5 months ago #95363

• Dax
Hello,

The sender information used is the one you specify in the Acy configuration (or in the used template) to make sure the emails will be delivered.
As every "From" address must be allowed in your server's configuration, if it used any "From" address, your email would be considered as a spam.

I however add it to our todo list so we will see if it's possible to take the sender A information (or at least give the possibility to do so) but I can't guarantee we will do it.

Regards,
Jeremy
-AcyMailing developer-
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

I helped you? The best way to thank me is to post a review on the JED :laugh:

Do not hesitate to illustrate your messages with screenshots, I love images :)
Always consult our tutorials before asking a question on our forum, the answer is surely there ;)

Hey look at our Video tutorials, It's really helpful to understand how Acy works!

Sender Information for Distribution Lists 4 years 5 months ago #95496

• Anonymous user
Hi Jeremy,

thanks for adding it to your todo list! Let me say that I would highly appreciate if you implement that. :)

For my purposes it would be enough to allow From addresses from registered users only. I do not really know if this helps concerning your spam argument, or if this can be done technically.

Could you please post as soon you have made a decision, even if you decide not to implement it?
Thanks!

Regards,
kuwitter31

Sender Information for Distribution Lists 4 years 3 months ago #97497

• Anonymous user
Ditto.

Sender Information for Distribution Lists 3 years 8 months ago #105753

• Tom
Hello,

​A new version of AcyMailing is available. You can download it on your account: www.acyba.com/member-area/your-subscription.html
You can now use the original sender as the sender of the forwarded email.
Time to create page: 0.192 seconds