info

Dear guests,
You are currently on the old forum we kept as a knowledge base. You will find the new community forum here
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Keyword

TOPIC: Required fields still required even when they not displayed

Required fields still required even when they not displayed 4 years 6 months ago #93509

• Anonymous user
Hello,

I have several required single dropdown field that are only display when a selection is made from another single dropdown field. There was some quirky behavior in regards to the required fields, namely that when no selection was made on the top level single dropdown field, fields were still being validated as being required.
Last Edit: 4 years 6 months ago by Anonymous user.
Please log in to post a reply

Required fields still required even when they not displayed 4 years 6 months ago #93579

• Tom
Hello,

This case is indeed not handled by AcyMailing.
We will fix this in the next release of AcyMailing.

In the mean time, maybe you could set a default value for these lists which is not empty? This way, it wouldn't prevent you from validating the subscription form.

Required fields still required even when they not displayed 4 years 6 months ago #94520

• Tom
Hello,

We just made a new release. You can download it on your account: www.acyba.com/member-area/your-subscription.html
The required fields hidden due to the conditional display are no longer checked.

Best regards,

Required fields still required even when they not displayed 4 years 6 months ago #94549

• Anonymous user
Hello,

Thanks for the update and your great work :)

Required fields still required even when they not displayed 3 years 10 months ago #103228

• Anonymous user
Hi,
It's ok for text fields, but not for phone numbers fields. (i did'nt check all fields types)
If the field is a phone field, it is still required even if the field is not displayed ...

Thanks.

Required fields still required even when they not displayed 3 years 10 months ago #103368

• Dax
Hi,

Thanks for this bug report, we will fix it in the next Acy version ;)

Jeremy
-AcyMailing developer-
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

I helped you? The best way to thank me is to post a review on the JED :laugh:

Do not hesitate to illustrate your messages with screenshots, I love images :)
Always consult our tutorials before asking a question on our forum, the answer is surely there ;)

Hey look at our Video tutorials, It's really helpful to understand how Acy works!

Required fields still required even when they not displayed 3 years 8 months ago #105755

• Tom
Hello,

We just released a new version of AcyMailing fixing this issue on the required fields.
You can download it on your account: www.acyba.com/member-area/your-subscription.html

Required fields still required even when they not displayed 3 years 8 months ago #105824

• Anonymous user
Cool! Hope that is what I need, too! Why does Joomla not display that there is a new version available?

Best regards,
Joachim

Required fields still required even when they not displayed 3 years 8 months ago #105827

• Anonymous user
Hi!
I just installed latest version 5.6.0 and replaced acymailing_module.js on my external website with the new version.
"Email" and "terms..." should be the only fields which are required during subscription.

But "name" and "Title" are still requested by the formular... I can't find the position (Java/Formular/Joomla) where this is defined... can you help?

Required fields still required even when they not displayed 3 years 8 months ago #105854

• Alexandre
Hi,
Why does Joomla not display that there is a new version available?
That's because this was secretly released by our team and this will be soon displayed in Joomla ;)

I just installed latest version 5.6.0 and replaced acymailing_module.js on my external website with the new version.
"Email" and "terms..." should be the only fields which are required during subscription.
Could you please give me more information about your "external website" ?
Is it a Joomla website ? Do you have installed the new AcyMailing version on it ?

Required fields still required even when they not displayed 3 years 8 months ago #105858

• Anonymous user
Hi!

This is the part of my external formular...

And: yes, the new version is online!

Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.
Last Edit: 3 years 8 months ago by Anonymous user. Reason: correction code

Required fields still required even when they not displayed 3 years 8 months ago #105903

• Alexandre
Hi,

Please provide me with the URL of this form so that I will take a look at it ;)

Required fields still required even when they not displayed 3 years 8 months ago #105929

• Anonymous user
Hi,

ok, thank you! At the moment all fields in the form are required. I would like to change the fields "anrede" (mr./mrs.) and "name" to a non required field...

the form is located here:
Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.
thank you

Required fields still required even when they not displayed 3 years 8 months ago #105932

• Alexandre
Hi,

The "anrede" field is non required as I managed to register without setting this field.
You can set the name field as non required in the custom field listing page ;)
Time to create page: 0.092 seconds