info

Dear guests,
You are currently on the old forum we kept as a knowledge base. You will find the new community forum here
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Keyword

TOPIC: Evaluting Starter Version - How to auto subscribe users to a list

Evaluting Starter Version - How to auto subscribe users to a list 10 years 9 months ago #678

• Anonymous user
Hi,

When a user subscribes to newsletter using the AcyMailing Module, does the Starter verision have the ability to associate it to a list. Or does this have to be done manually. I have created 3 lists.

From what i have seen it appears I have to manually do this for each list i create.

Also you can explain the various Filters available when subscribing users to a list
Please let me know.
Please log in to post a reply

Re:Evaluting Starter Version - How to auto subscribe users to a list 10 years 9 months ago #679

• Anonymous user
  • Thank you received: 2
Hello,

You probably want to have a look at our documentation about how to configure the AcyMailing module.
www.acyba.com/support/documentation/62-acymailing-module.html

Of course the user can be automatically subscribe to one or several mailing lists, it depends on the Module configuration.
You have to activate the lists you want the user to be able to subscribe to, that's probably the issue if the user is added but not subscribed to any list.

If you are talking about subscribing the user to some lists during the Joomla registration process, it's also possible by configuring the AcyMailing User Plugin
www.acyba.com/support/documentation/82-a...ing-plugin-user.html

Now if you just created your lists, the list will be empty but you can massively subscribe users to this list using the filtering options.
Please have a look at our documentation and let me know if there is something still unclear:
www.acyba.com/support/documentation/85-a...g-list-addusers.html

On all AcyMailing pages you will find an "help" button, that will directly open the corresponding documentation so it should answer your questions when you have some (and you can get the doc in your own language).
It's usually easier to check our documentation directly via your own component than via our website.
Please have a look at our official documentation before posting a new message!

If you use AcyMailing, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Re:Evaluting Starter Version - How to auto subscribe users to a list 10 years 9 months ago #690

• Anonymous user
Thanks! that was a great help!!

One more question. Based on the documenation i have read it appears that I would be better off buying ur AcyMailing Essential since it supports auto sending newsletter and have the ability to over sever limitation (queue - auto process)

We are a local bowling shop, and have about 670 subscribed users. I would like to send newletter every month, and possible specials announcments. Could you explain since my Web provider limits emails to 200/hr and 300 day. How would the CRON process be setup, and if i buy the AcyMailing Essential how will the queue be processed automiatically, and I be notified that all emails were sent. Does it also track emails that got bounced back also?

Re:Evaluting Starter Version - How to auto subscribe users to a list 10 years 9 months ago #692

• Anonymous user
For 200 e-mails per hour, you can configure AcyMailing Essential to automatically send 95 e-mails every 30 minutes (that way you can keep some extra e-mails for other components)
www.acyba.com/support/documentation/116-...cess.html#commercial

A cron task will trigger regularly your website (your AcyMailing component), let's say every 30 minutes in your case.
The cron task triggers your website for nothing most of the time as you won't need to send e-mails but if there are e-mails in your queue which need to be sent, then it AcyMailing will do the job.

Don't worry if your server does not provide an easy interface to handle a cron task, you will be able to set up one on our own server within a click.

So if you send an e-mail, AcyMailing will add all your e-mails in the queue.
And every 30 minutes it will send 95 e-mails (based on your configuration) until your queue is empty.

Each time AcyMailing send e-mails, you can get a report via e-mail.
But the easiest way is to follow the statistics on your AcyMailing component.

Only AcyMailing Enterprise tracks bounces.

If you use AcyMailing, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.
Last Edit: 10 years 9 months ago by Anonymous user.

Re:Evaluting Starter Version - How to auto subscribe users to a list 10 years 9 months ago #696

• Anonymous user
Firstly I would like to say "Well Done!!" on this plugin, and its features. I will definately be buying the commericial verision soon. Not to mention, the friednly tech support provided, and detailed doumentation. Keep it Up!!

One final question, if I may. You mentioned about CRON task and setting it up.

Here is what my Web Hosting company says about setting up a CRON task

The format of a cron command is very much the V7 standard, with a number of upward-compatible extensions. Each line has five time and date fields, followed by a user name if this is the system crontab file, followed by a command. Commands are executed by cron(8) when the minute, hour, and month of year fields match the current time, and when at least one of the two day fields (day of month, or day of week) match the current time (see ``Note'' below). Note that this means that non-existant times, such as "missing hours" during daylight savings conversion, will never match, causing jobs scheduled during the "missing times" not to be run. Similarly, times that occur more than once (again, during daylight savings conversion) will cause matching jobs to be run twice.

So do i simply put it as a everyday task, but how about the time? I assume the url link will be as

http://www........com/index2.php?option=com_acymailing>ask=cron

Or will it be better to set the CRON jon on your server, and if so what are the steps?

Please let me know

Thanks again for all your help!

Re:Evaluting Starter Version - How to auto subscribe users to a list 10 years 9 months ago #697

• Anonymous user
Setting it up on our own server is very easy.
You will see a button "Create/Modify your cron task" on your own AcyMailing configuration page.
If you click on this button, that will open a view on our own server and you simply have to select your frequency and click on the save button to have it fully set up.

On your own server, the command should be:
*/30 * * * * /usr/bin/wget --no-check-certificate --quiet -O - 'https://www.yourwebsite.com/index2.php?option=com_acymailing&gtask=cron'

So every 30 minutes of every day, every month, every year.

Re:Evaluting Starter Version - How to auto subscribe users to a list 10 years 9 months ago #698

• Anonymous user
Thank you!! Once i purchase AcyMailing Essential, I will set it up, and let you know how it goes.

I just ran a quick test, and found this odd. I have 2 emails ..one is on Google and the other Yahoo. I had them both subscribed to a list, and a newsletter associated to it. When i do send, i see the pop tell me 2 emails sent. BUT, i never get the email for Yahoo, works for the Google email? Any idea why?

Re:Evaluting Starter Version - How to auto subscribe users to a list 10 years 9 months ago #699

• Anonymous user
Received properly on GMail but not at all on Yahoo?
Did you use the GMail SMTP server to send your e-mail or an other sending method?

Did you check your Yahoo spam folder?

Last Edit: 10 years 9 months ago by Anonymous user.

Re:Evaluting Starter Version - How to auto subscribe users to a list 10 years 9 months ago #700

• Anonymous user
I am using my web host SMTP Server on port 587, and config setting is using PHP Mail Function

Re:Evaluting Starter Version - How to auto subscribe users to a list 10 years 9 months ago #701

• Anonymous user
Maybe the spam folder then... did you check it?
If it's indeed in your junk folder, you should check that your server is not blacklisted and well configured.
There are advices about that on our doc :

www.acyba.com/support/documentation/108-acymailing-spam.html

Re:Evaluting Starter Version - How to auto subscribe users to a list 10 years 9 months ago #702

• Anonymous user
Yes i did, there was nothing in the spam folder

Re:Evaluting Starter Version - How to auto subscribe users to a list 10 years 9 months ago #708

• Anonymous user
:blink: Can you do the same test with a simple text message (send the text test version from your Preview page) and let me know if you receive it?

Re:Evaluting Starter Version - How to auto subscribe users to a list 10 years 9 months ago #744

• Anonymous user
Running the send test message either wit text or HTML is working fine. However when i send the newsletter out, it says message sent successfuly to my yahoo address. But if do not get anything. Doing the test message to the same Yahoo address i get the email instantly

Re:Evaluting Starter Version - How to auto subscribe users to a list 10 years 9 months ago #745

• Anonymous user
Forgot to mention the test message works fine from the Configuration screen of AcyMailing. If i do a Preview of my newsletter, and then click on Send Test nothing happens. I do not get the email

Re:Evaluting Starter Version - How to auto subscribe users to a list 10 years 9 months ago #748

• Anonymous user
Running the send test message either wit text or HTML is working fine
So you receive the HTML version of the Newsletter on your Yahoo account if you send a test from the Preview screen? (I'm not talking about the configuration page, I'm only talking about the Newsletter itself)

I'm not sure I understood your latest post so I want to make sure I understand what's going on.

Re:Evaluting Starter Version - How to auto subscribe users to a list 10 years 9 months ago #749

• Anonymous user
I am unable to get the NewLetters to my yahoo email, neither when i click on Send Test from the Preview of the Newsletter. The only plave where email works for me is the Configuration page of AcyMailing

Re:Evaluting Starter Version - How to auto subscribe users to a list 10 years 9 months ago #751

• Anonymous user
Nevermind..it is working now.. I think by Web Host provider is having issues in sending email via its SMTP server.

I will be purchasing your AcyMailing Essential today. The way things are going, I will mostly likey use your SMTP server to send out my news letter.

Thanks again for all your help, and give responses back to my questions
Time to create page: 0.087 seconds