info

Dear guests,
You are currently on the old forum we kept as a knowledge base. You will find the new community forum here
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Keyword

TOPIC: Is it possible for users to modify their own names or email address?

Is it possible for users to modify their own names or email address? 10 years 9 months ago #675

• Anonymous user
Just as the title says. When a user goes to modify his subscription, the only thing he can change, along with the "HTML or Text" option, is the lists he's subscribed to.

Would it be possible for a user to modify his own name or email address?

I imported from another newsletter program (PHPList) and back then, we didn't capture the names of the subscribers. Now I will send a newsletter out and ask every subscriber to make sure they belong to the right lists. Since they will see their names as being wrong (AcyMailing takes the first part of the email address as a name when importing if I'm not mistaken), they'll surely want to modify it.

Also, can I prevent the showing of the "HTML or Text" option?

Thank you!

Bugz
Please log in to post a reply

Re:Is it possible for users to modify their own names or email address? 10 years 9 months ago #677

• Anonymous user
  • Thank you received: 2
The user can already modify his name on this "modify your subscription" screen.
The name and e-mail are locked if the user is a registered user (as we synchronise with Joomla, so we take the name and e-mail from the Joomla fields) but if they are visitors with no Joomla account, users will be able to modify their name and e-mail.

As AcyMailing uses the Joomla MVC model, you can extend the AcyMailing view to modify it in your own template.
So you can copy the file
components/com_acymailing/views/user/tmpl/modify.php
to : templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/html/com_acymailing/user/modify.php
and then modify it as you want.

This question comes quite often so we may find an easier way to customize simple things in our views such as displaying the "receive HTML/Text" option.
Please have a look at our official documentation before posting a new message!

If you use AcyMailing, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.
Last Edit: 10 years 5 months ago by Anonymous user.
Please log in to post a reply
Time to create page: 0.056 seconds