info

Dear guests,
You are currently on the old forum we kept as a knowledge base. You will find the new community forum here
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Keyword

TOPIC: Get rid of other plugins and change language of "Read more"

Get rid of other plugins and change language of "Read more" 10 years 9 months ago #540

• Anonymous user
Hi!

I'm currently testing the free version of AcyMailing and I have to tell you, I love it! I've been waiting forever for a component that does everything I need and it looks like AcyMailing might be that solution! However, before I can buy the Enterprise version, I have a few questions.

My site is in French and I use the backend in English. This being said, I've noticed that if I include some Joomla content, just the intro, I get a "Read more" in English instead of a "Lire la suite". I take it it's because I use the backend in English which is understandable. However, would it possible to tell AcyMailing that I'm writing my newsletter in French so that I can get "Lire la suite" even though I'm using the backend in English? It would be nice if we could choose the default language of a newsletter.

And secondly, still with the Joomla content, in my articles I use a plugin which displays a nice country flag in the intro of each article. This code is being included in the newsletter of course. It looks like this "{titleflag:qc}Intro goes here". Is it possible to have AcyMailing strip any plugin code from the article before including it in the newsletter? I know of other plugins that add either the date in a nicer format, or a drop cap, or even an image, all through similar code.

And one more thing for now, I have noticed that when you go to send a newsletter, in the "This Newsletter will be sent to" section, it lists all the users that are in the lists that you will send to, even though some of those users have unsubscribed from said list. I find it a bit misleading. Maybe it should be real subscribed users listed there instead of all users?

Keep up the excellent work!!

Thanks!

François

PS: This is my first post, let me know if I should go through an email to contact you with such comments/questions or if I should continue posting in the forum.
Please log in to post a reply

Re:Get rid of other plugins and change language of "Read more" 10 years 9 months ago #541

• Anonymous user
  • Thank you received: 2
Hello François,

You are at the right place, we prefer handling questions on the forum so everybody can see the answer.
However, would it possible to tell AcyMailing that I'm writing my newsletter in French so that I can get "Lire la suite" even though I'm using the backend in English?
Do you use both languages on the front-end or only the French on the front-end and English on the back-end?
Maybe your solution is simply to replace the "read more" in the AcyMailing English language file by the "lire la suite".
Is it possible to have AcyMailing strip any plugin code from the article before including it in the newsletter?
We have two solutions for that.
First we just developed a plugin to call the Joomla Content plugin system and so replace those tags by the right content (so you should see your flags in your Newsletter!).
This plugin will be included in our next version (before December 8).
My second solution is indeed to remove this sort of tags if the first solution does not work.
For now you can click on the button "replace tags" which will replace the article tags by the real content and manually remove the extra tags, an automatic solution will come with our next release.
Maybe it should be real subscribed users listed there instead of all users?
Could you be more precise? I just checked our code and the number of users displayed is the number of subscribers and not the total number of users in the list...
Please have a look at our official documentation before posting a new message!

If you use AcyMailing, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Re:Get rid of other plugins and change language of "Read more" 10 years 9 months ago #544

• Anonymous user
Do you use both languages on the front-end or only the French on the front-end and English on the back-end?
Maybe your solution is simply to replace the "read more" in the AcyMailing English language file by the "lire la suite".

Now why didn't I think of that? :laugh: I use only French in the front-end. I will modify the English language file. As a side note, I've made changes to the French language file, would you be interested if I sent it to you? Mainly, I've replaced e-mail with courriel, Newsletter with Bulletin and other small corrections. Let me know.
We have two solutions for that.
First we just developed a plugin to call the Joomla Content plugin system and so replace those tags by the right content (so you should see your flags in your Newsletter!).
This plugin will be included in our next version (before December 8).
My second solution is indeed to remove this sort of tags if the first solution does not work.
For now you can click on the button "replace tags" which will replace the article tags by the real content and manually remove the extra tags, an automatic solution will come with our next release.

Man, you guys think of everything! That'll be awesome when it replaces the plugins with their actual content! Can't wait to see it.
I figured out the "replace tags" late last night after I had posted to the forum. Works out ok for now.
Could you be more precise? I just checked our code and the number of users displayed is the number of subscribers and not the total number of users in the list...

I have a list called Bulletin électronique. In that list I have 3 users, one of which is disabled (so 2 users should be receiving the message). When I go to send, it says the Newsletter will be sent to 3 users (who are in Bulletin électronique). Maybe I'm getting confused between the "Enabled" state of a user and the "Unsubscribed" state. I guess a user can be disabled but still be a subscriber to the list, hence that's why it tells me it'll be sent to 3 users and not 2. Is that it? If it is, then maybe expanding on this box to show that out of the 3 users, only 2 will receive it because one of them is disabled. What do you think? Because if my list had like 3,000 users and 500 of them were disabled, wouldn't that screw up the statistics? I haven't checked out the stats yet but wouldn't it show that only 2,500 messages were sent out?

Thanks again!

François

Re:Get rid of other plugins and change language of "Read more" 10 years 9 months ago #545

• Anonymous user
Ok I see.
You're right, we display all subscribed users but don't consider the fact that the user may be disabled or refuse to receive e-mails.
So this number is not the exact one but only subscribed users which are enabled and accept to receive e-mail will be added to the queue during the send process so the statistics will only concern 2500 messages and not 3000 in your example.

I created myself the French translation, I usually think English words are more used than French ones in some aspects (especially "e-mail" instead of "courriel"... at least in France everybody understand the word "e-mail", sometimes people don't even know what's a "courriel"!)

But this might not be the case in Canada?

If you use AcyMailing, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Re:Get rid of other plugins and change language of "Read more" 10 years 9 months ago #546

• Anonymous user
I Québec we use courriel instead of email, and lately, pourriel has become the new standard for spam. We try to have French equivalents to common English terms. When you have a minute, visit www.oqlf.gouv.qc.ca/ressources/bibliothe...net/Index/index.html, some of them are pretty funny. But if in Europe they are not used, then you should keep the current terms, unless you want to start converting everyone... ;-) lol.

Re:Get rid of other plugins and change language of "Read more" 10 years 9 months ago #548

• Anonymous user
unless you want to start converting everyone

Ca ne serait pas une mauvaise idée! ;)

Re:Get rid of other plugins and change language of "Read more" 10 years 9 months ago #630

• Anonymous user
Could you please install the attached plugin and then enable it on the Joomla plugin management screen?
That should trigger the Joomla content plugin, on my test environment it's working fine but it will depend a lot on the installed plugin so I would appreciate if you could give it a try and then let me know if you have problems or if everything is replaced properly.

Attachment contentbottrigger.zip not found

Attachments:

Re:Get rid of other plugins and change language of "Read more" 10 years 9 months ago #634

• Anonymous user
Hi!

I installed and published the bot. It's not working on my localhost as well as on my live site. On my localhost (after turning display errors on), when I preview a newsletter, it says:
Fatal error: Class 'JSite' not found in C:\Users\(my username)\Documents\wamp\www\Imperatif\bienvenu\plugins\system\SEOGenerator.php on line 213

On my live site, since I can't turn on display errors, I just get a blank screen.

Please advise!

Thanks!

Re:Get rid of other plugins and change language of "Read more" 10 years 9 months ago #635

• Anonymous user
I was expecting this sort of error.
This bot should definitely not be triggered during the AcyMailing process whereas others should be triggered... :S
Could you please zip your folder plugins / content and add it to your next post and I will see how we can trigger some plugins but not others?

Re:Get rid of other plugins and change language of "Read more" 10 years 9 months ago #643

• Anonymous user
Your forum limits the attached file to 120kb max. My plugins, zipped, are 3.3MB.

Send me your email address and I'll send it there instead.
Time to create page: 0.086 seconds