info

Dear guests,
You are currently on the old forum we kept as a knowledge base. You will find the new community forum here
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Keyword

TOPIC: Getting Started

Getting Started 10 years 9 months ago #519

• Anonymous user
Looks like a great addition to my site, congratulations for the very comprehensive Documentation (something most extension developers tend to forget) .... but it's a bit TOO comprehensive :(

Help, I can't find the simple steps, for a non-techie (!) to set up a newsletter using the templates - how to add content, links etc - I'm sure it must be there, just can't find it!

Is it possible to do a 'quick start' step-by-step entry in the Documentation?
Please log in to post a reply

Re:Getting Started 10 years 9 months ago #520

• Anonymous user
  • Thank you received: 2
Hello,

The entire team agree with you.
We wanted to add an integrated documentation so we created a documentation for each AcyMailing page (that you can see if you click on the "help" button on any page) but this documentation does not help to do simple things step by step.

It's something we will add very soon, we are aware of missing articles such as an easy step by step "created and send your first Newsletter", same thing for our commercial version about how to create campaigns or Smart-Newsletter...

We may directly create video tutorials instead of written articles.

To quickly answer to your question, you can add content and links by clicking on the "tag" button when writing a Newsletter, you will see all sort of things you can include in a Newsletter (user info, Joomla content, links...)

AcyMailing is a new Joomla component and we did our best to be ready on our release day but we are still missing important points such as an easy non technical step by step documentation and some nice video tutorials.
That will come very soon.
Please have a look at our official documentation before posting a new message!

If you use AcyMailing, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Re:Getting Started 10 years 9 months ago #522

• Anonymous user
Thanks, understood.

I'll give your suggestion a shot tomorrow.

Meantime, my advice, stick with the written "Create & send your 1st Newsletter" save the video for when you have more time.

I guess it is too much to ask for an auto-populate newsletter based on Sections or Categories....eg:-
User subscribes to a Section Newsletter (weekly) & it just grabs all articles published in the past week & sends it to the list.
If anyone signs up mid-week, that's ok the auto-responder should be able to include the text "Thank you for subscribing to the XXsection Newsletter, the next one will be published on Monday"

I know it isn't that easy, but I think you might have an idea what I mean.

Regards, & I look forward to the step-by-step ASAP ;)

Re:Getting Started 10 years 9 months ago #524

• Anonymous user
  • Thank you received: 2
User subscribes to a Section Newsletter (weekly) & it just grabs all articles published in the past week & sends it to the list.
If anyone signs up mid-week, that's ok the auto-responder should be able to include the text "Thank you for subscribing to the XXsection Newsletter, the next one will be published on Monday"

I feel like you're describing the Smart-Newsletter feature included in AcyMailing Business and Enterprise...
Please have a look at our official documentation before posting a new message!

If you use AcyMailing, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Re:Getting Started 10 years 9 months ago #528

• Anonymous user
Possibly, I haven't got to reading that yet - trying to get the 1st up & running then assuming we can get it running, we'll go for Enterprise & get really clever! ;)
Time to create page: 0.058 seconds