info

Dear guests,
You are currently on the old forum we kept as a knowledge base. You will find the new community forum here
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Keyword

TOPIC: Subscription Mail

Subscription Mail 10 years 9 months ago #394

• Anonymous user
I have my hosting and email through Godaddy. Does anyone know what setting works best to get the mail function to work? I want to receive an email everytime someone subscribes.
Please log in to post a reply

Re:Subscription Mail 10 years 9 months ago #397

• Anonymous user
  • Thank you received: 2
You can use the php mail function to send e-mails with GoDaddy.

They support a sending of 100 e-mails per task and 1000 e-mails per day.

So if you use AcyMailing starter, you can configure your send process to send 90 e-mails per batch.
If you have more than 1000 subscribers, AcyMailing will automatically stop the process after 12 batches and so you will be able to continue it a day after.

If you have more than 1000 subscribers and use one of our commercial version, you may want to configure your cron task to trigger your website every one hour and send 40 e-mails each time.
Please have a look at our official documentation before posting a new message!

If you use AcyMailing, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.
Last Edit: 10 years 9 months ago by Anonymous user.

Re:Subscription Mail 10 years 9 months ago #401

• Anonymous user
php mail function doesn't work. I don't receive an email letting me know that someone subscribed!!!! It just keeps my name and email address in the field and gives me the choices of join again.

Re:Subscription Mail 10 years 9 months ago #405

• Anonymous user
First please go to your AcyMailing configuration page and click on the button "send a test".
This button enables you to test your mail configuration and display a maximum of messages to help you to solve the error.

Please let me know if you can receive test messages as expected.

Then, if you receive test messages as expected, you should also receive the notification of user creation when a new user is added in AcyMailing (if you configured it so on your AcyMailing configuration page).

If you use AcyMailing, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Re:Subscription Mail 10 years 9 months ago #474

• Anonymous user
Hello Moderator.

I´m trying the software with the starters version and the component looks very strong. The problem i have is that i configured it to send only 75 emails on every batch, and the wait time to 1 hour.

I believed it was going to send 75 emails every hour for the amount of hours necesary to send all my 11 thousend users. But it started sending emails immediately and didn´t stop at 75. I closed the window on 160 and i don´t know for certain if it continued sending emails, i hope not.

How can i set it up to send only 75 emails per hour.

Thank you very much.

Luis
Pd. I´m a serious buyer. Just need this component to do the job correctly.

Re:Subscription Mail 10 years 9 months ago #485

• Anonymous user
Hello,

As you use AcyMailing Starter, you can not set a wait time between two batches.
(Maybe you were confused with the re-queue delay? which indicates the delay added to the e-mail in case of AcyMailing could not send it)

So using AcyMailing Starter (or a commercial one), you can at any time close the sending popup. If you do that, AcyMailing will finish the send process until the end of the current batch (so 75 e-mails in your case) and then you will be able to manually click again on the send button to continue the send process (either from the queue interface or from the standard Newsletter preview/send screen).

AcyMailing will automatically stop the send process if it reaches a server limitation and keep all the non delivered e-mails in the queue so that you can continue the send process later.

Using one of our commercial version, you can set the option "Queue Processing : Automatic only" and configure your delay between two batches so the entire process will be done automatically using our cron system (you can easily configure a cron via the AcyMailing interface if you can not do it on your own server).
In that case, AcyMailing won't even start the send process and simply display a message "86400 e-mail have been added to the queue" and the send process will be handled automatically based on your configuration.
That way, you can directly do something else on your website and don't have to keep the window opened.

Time to create page: 0.065 seconds