info

Dear guests,
You are currently on the old forum we kept as a knowledge base. You will find the new community forum here
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Keyword

TOPIC: [solved] Cannot install - 404!

[solved] Cannot install - 404! 10 years 9 months ago #368

• Anonymous user
Site works fine. Just installed Joomlapack and that worked fne. Bit later tried to install Acymailing. As usual (happened to every component!) wouldn't handle the normal installation using the zip file. So unzipped and FTP'd to new directory /acymail inside tmp.
Wont install from there - just get a 404 which is really odd.
Tried for a fourth time and got:
JInstaller::install: SQL Error. DB function failed with error number 2006 and loads more.

Wondered how to get out of this loop! Thanks - eager to get on with this exciting option you have!
Last Edit: 10 years 9 months ago by Anonymous user.
Please log in to post a reply

Re:Cannot install - 404! 10 years 9 months ago #369

• Anonymous user
  • Thank you received: 2
If you have access to your php.ini, I would recommend you to increase your memory limit, your maximum execution time and your mysql.connect_timeout, at least to be able to install AcyMailing.

Please let me know if you can modify your limitations.
If not, I'm afraid we will have to add the files directly at the right place to reduce the installation process.

I saw you purchased AcyMailing Business so we can do it for you if you prefer.
Please have a look at our official documentation before posting a new message!

If you use AcyMailing, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Re:Cannot install - 404! 10 years 9 months ago #371

• Anonymous user
Gosh that's quick!
I am just wondering of my host is just very slow. Don't want to move a hundred sites on a whim though and not sure exactly how to determine the problem nor exactly how to compare them with a new host.

I don't have access to my php.ini though I can request changes. I have previously asked for big increases but it never achieved the goal of installing from a zip file.

I must look for a way to test the databse response time (I guess that is the problem?) in case this is going to be an ongoing issue with my site(s).

If you can help I would be much obliged as the many many hours spent installing things may be fun (...?) but I'd love to actually get on and use your program!

It's late here so i may have to reply tomorrow...

Re:Cannot install - 404! 10 years 9 months ago #372

• Anonymous user
The AcyMailing install process is done in two steps:
1/ First Joomla will install the package and execute one or two queries (not enough to produce a mysql time out)
2/ The page will be refreshed and AcyMailing will create a default list, install templates/plugins/module and synchronise all your users.

The second step could produce a mysql time out but apparently the 404 error occurs during the first step so I'm sure it's a problem of database response time.

AcyMailing is quite new but it's the first time a user can not install it.

Please send me an access of your backend website + an FTP access and a phpMyAdmin access to my e-mail address and I will check everything to determine the best I can why you could not install AcyMailing and then I will install it!

If you use AcyMailing, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.
Last Edit: 10 years 9 months ago by Anonymous user.

Re:Cannot install - 404! 10 years 9 months ago #425

• Anonymous user
After several tries, this user finally could install AcyMailing without our help.

His provider also increased its max_execution_time (from 30 to 90) to avoid any issue.

Time to create page: 0.061 seconds