info

Dear guests,
You are currently on the old forum we kept as a knowledge base. You will find the new community forum here
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Keyword

TOPIC: Subscription confirmation email sent to admin@website instead of user@wherever ???

Subscription confirmation email sent to admin@website instead of user@wherever ??? 10 years 10 months ago #353

• Anonymous user
I might have done something wrong, no idea what, though, but emails asking the user to confirm his/her subscription are sent to the address used to RECEIVE notifications from subscriptions, instead of the actual subscriber address. I put it in the re-bounce address, by mistake (guess I did not fully understand what it was for), but even after I removed it, it's still not working properly. What should I do to correct that problem?

Thanks, and take care,
Bernard
Please log in to post a reply

Re:Subscription confirmation email sent to admin@website instead of user@wherever ??? 10 years 10 months ago #356

• Anonymous user
  • Thank you received: 2
Hello Bernard,

On the AcyMailing configuration page you can set up an e-mail address so that if a new user subscribes to your website, you will receive a notification.
So this notification e-mail is sent to the e-mail address you specified in the AcyMailing configuration page.

Nevertheless the e-mail to confirm the subscription of the user himself (so if you require a confirmation in the AcyMailing configuration page) is sent to the final user and not to the admin.
You can personalize this confirmation e-mail by clicking on the button "edit notification" near the "require confirmation" option on the AcyMailing configuration page.

There is a third possible e-mail which is the welcome e-mail.
This e-mail can be configured for each list and you can personalize it by editing your list.
This e-mail is sent to the user once he confirmed his subscription (if you require a confirmation) or when he subscribes.

I just tested it again and the confirmation e-mail is really sent to the correct user so maybe you were confused with an other notification e-mail?
Please have a look at our official documentation before posting a new message!

If you use AcyMailing, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.
Please log in to post a reply
Time to create page: 0.058 seconds