info

Dear guests,
You are currently on the old forum we kept as a knowledge base. You will find the new community forum here
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Keyword

TOPIC: Redirect doesn't works for me

Redirect doesn't works for me 10 years 8 months ago #3068

• Anonymous user
Hi!

I'm using AcyMailing business version. I'm getting a 404 error when i subscribe users through url.

I have tried using all sorts of url replacements like : // & ? = with there alternatives but nothing seems to work.

Although if say i use only "www.mysite.com"

it works an is redirected to index page. But if a extend to this like "www.mysite.com/index.php?var1=val1" etc.. All i get is 404 error.

Please help i badly need a proper redirection here.

Thanks!
Please log in to post a reply

Re:Redirect doesn't works for me 10 years 8 months ago #3069

• Anonymous user
  • Thank you received: 2
I guess you followed our recommendations about the redirect url
www.acyba.com/support/documentation/106-...ription-url.html#url
The redirect url should be encoded with urlencode before if you use special characters such as "&" in the redirect url so:

= should be replaced by %3D
& should be replaced by %26
? should be replaced by %3F
/ should be replaced by %2F
: should be replaced by %3A

If so, could you please tell me exactly what you wrote for your redirect url?
The full subscription code you wrote may be helpful to understand your issue.
Please have a look at our official documentation before posting a new message!

If you use AcyMailing, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Re:Redirect doesn't works for me 10 years 8 months ago #3075

• Anonymous user
Thanks.. for a quick response!

Yes indeed i followed all the rules for url-encoding. Infact i have also used php function urlencode to encode my url... so i guess there is no chance of missing out anything as far as proper url encoding is concerned.

And the url when used directly is working.. but when redirect through the AcyMailing url subscription page i get a 404 error.

Here is what i'm using exactly for redirection

$MyForm->formrow->redirecturl = JURI::base()."index.php?option=com_acymailing>ask=sub&task=optin&hiddenlists=8mail2saud@gmail.com&user[name]=Billy&redirect=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mysite.com%2Findex.php%3Foption%3Dcom_content%26view%3Darticle%26id%3D138%26Itemid%3D146"

The address bar has the following string when it gives 404

www.mysite.com/index.php?option=com_acym...2saud@gmail.com&user[name]=Billy&redirect=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mysite.com%2Findex.php%3Foption%3Dcom_content%26view%3Darticle%26id%3D138%26Itemid%3D146

Thanks for helping!

Re:Redirect doesn't works for me 10 years 8 months ago #3076

• Anonymous user
Could you please give me the real url so I can test it on your website directly.
Then I will remove your post if you want to keep it secret.

If you use AcyMailing, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Re:Redirect doesn't works for me 10 years 8 months ago #3078

• Anonymous user
Typo....

I missed out user.. in the string in my lat poast. Actually its still in place so that's not causing the problem[email].. in the string in my lat poast. Actually its still in place so that's not causing the problem

Re:Redirect doesn't works for me 10 years 8 months ago #3080

• Anonymous user
Could you give it a try with "task" instead of "view" ?
So :
http://www.mysite.com%2findex.php%3foption%3dcom_content%26task%3darticle%26id%3d138%26itemid%3d146

Re:Redirect doesn't works for me 10 years 8 months ago #3084

• Anonymous user
Bingo!

Its working now.... :)

Although its over my head... could you please explain what the problem actually was. I mean what difference does it makes if I use view instead of task.

Thanks a lot.

Now is there a way where i can customize the messages that are displayed when i get redirected.

* Message "Status Updated" successfully sent to "This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it."
* You have been successfully subscribed

Infact I don't need these messages.. how can i comment these.

Lats but not the least... i hope you don't mind answering. Is there a way I can add user specific list's from frontend. I had an idea of doing this with sql query... but in the _mail table there is a col called 'Key' I'm not sure what this actually is and if i'm not creating a list through backend interface what value should i put in here.

Re:Redirect doesn't works for me 10 years 8 months ago #3086

• Anonymous user
I mean what difference does it makes if I use view instead of task.
To be honest I have no clue. But by checking the url step by step, I figured out that this parameter name was causing the issue. I will add it to our documentation.

On the AcyMailing configuration page, you will find some options to remove these messages (tab : interface).
Is there a way I can add user specific list's from frontend.
I didn't understand what you wanted to do.

Re:Redirect doesn't works for me 10 years 8 months ago #3087

• Anonymous user
I had to provide an option for user's to create their own list's... from the front-end. I can't give them access to back-end. Is it possible? if so, then how?

Here is my interpretation: I possibly can do that by generating respective sql queries for that but in the database table acymailing_mail there is a field named "Key". I'm not sure what this is for and what am i supposed to store in this column in case i'm using queries to create list's.

Re:Redirect doesn't works for me 10 years 8 months ago #3088

• Anonymous user
Do you really mean a "list" or do you mean a "Newsletter"?
The key field is in acymailing_mail so for a Newsletter, not a list.

Last Edit: 10 years 8 months ago by Anonymous user.

Re:Redirect doesn't works for me 10 years 8 months ago #3089

• Anonymous user
Well I meant list only.. but I'll be creating the newsletters as well for those list created from the front-end. Those option i guess are available when you create list from the backend as well. These are for unsubscription and the welcome newsletters. And by the way why are these not listed in the newsletters when i click on the newsletter in the backend?

Re:Redirect doesn't works for me 10 years 8 months ago #3091

• Anonymous user
Those option i guess are available when you create list from the backend as well.
Indeed using AcyMailing Enterprise you can create/edit/preview/send/test Newsletters from the front-end.
These are for unsubscription and the welcome newsletters. And by the way why are these not listed in the newsletters when i click on the newsletter in the backend?
Even if notification messages and welcome/unsubscribe confirmations are stored in the same table, we don't display it on the same interface to make it more clear and make a distinction between two kind of messages.

To answer your initial question, you can add any key you want in this field, it does not matter (add randomly 10 characters and it will be fine).

Last Edit: 10 years 8 months ago by Anonymous user.
Time to create page: 0.068 seconds