info

Dear guests,
You are currently on the old forum we kept as a knowledge base. You will find the new community forum here
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Keyword

TOPIC: wysiwyg editor and appling style

wysiwyg editor and appling style 10 years 8 months ago #2995

• Anonymous user
Hi
I think your component has great feature, just I can't understand how to work with template/wysiwyg editor/style.
Maybe a tutorial should be helpful because it is not clear how to assign style to content without your content tags.
For example, I want simply to style a part of text as title with h3
how to? select text and? using wysiwyg editor like jce I can choose style from menu but acymailing styles are not loaded

I think that using fine template like yours is almost useless without wysiwyg editor, for common clients (not coders or web masters) it is better to see than to change code. Isn't it? an integration with wysiwyg editor (maybe the default one)?

Best regards and compliments for your job.
Last Edit: 10 years 8 months ago by Anonymous user.
Please log in to post a reply

Re:wysiwyg editor and appling style 10 years 8 months ago #2999

• Anonymous user
  • Thank you received: 2
Hello,

When you use your wysiwyg editor, it loads your front-end template and the styles used on your front-end template.
So when you set some style to your content (h1,h2... or a class), the text will adopt the style of your own Joomla front-end template.
Obviously it's a cool feature when you work on something which will be published on your website but when you work on a Newsletter, you see styles which won't even be applied to your text.

So that's basically why what you see on your wysiwyg editor is not the same as when you do a preview.
To avoid that problem, we are actually trying to overwrite the CSS loaded by the editor to use directly the AcyMailing template you selected but it's not easy at all and I'm not even sure we will be able to do that (it depends on the editor...).
But you can also set the styles of your own Joomla template in an AcyMailing template in order to have the same result when editing and previewing a Newsletter.
For example, your h1 titles have a specific style on your website.
You can apply the same style to your AcyMailing template so that when you edit your Newsletter with your wysiwyg editor, your H1 will be displayed based on your front-end Joomla template and when you preview and send your Newsletter, the H1 will be displayed based on your AcyMailing template.
You can do the same for several html tags (h1,h2,h3,h4,a,li,ul) and you can also set some style for your classes you defined in your template.
Please have a look at our official documentation before posting a new message!

If you use AcyMailing, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Re:wysiwyg editor and appling style 10 years 8 months ago #3003

• Anonymous user
thanks a lot
Time to create page: 0.054 seconds