info

Dear guests,
You are currently on the old forum we kept as a knowledge base. You will find the new community forum here
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Keyword

TOPIC: SMTP-Server with username that differs from send-mailaddress

SMTP-Server with username that differs from send-mailaddress 10 years 8 months ago #2972

• Anonymous user
Hi,

following problem with SMTP-send-methode (SSL, port 465, auth required).

My serviceprovider (easyname.eu) doesn't use the email-addres as username for the authentification. for example:
email-address: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.,
authentification-name for the mail-box: 2984mail89

When I try to send a mail from acymail, I get the following error:
The following From address failed: 2984mail89 and:
SMTP -> ERROR: MAIL not accepted from server: 501 <2984mail89>: sender address must contain a domain

I tried it with a different host, that uses the email-address as username. That worked.

Maybe acymail uses the auth-username as from-adress? Would it be solution to use the from-address, that we type in on the mail-configuration-tab?

Thx,
Harald
Last Edit: 10 years 8 months ago by Anonymous user.
Please log in to post a reply

Re:SMTP-Server with username that differs from send-mailaddress 10 years 8 months ago #2973

• Anonymous user
  • Thank you received: 2
The bounce-back e-mail address is replaced by the smtp username if the bounce-back e-mail address field is empty, that's probably the error you have.
So you should write something in your bounce-back e-mail address field in the AcyMailing configuration and that should do the job to connect and send your e-mails properly.

bounce-back e-mail address : This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
smtp username : 2984mail89
Please have a look at our official documentation before posting a new message!

If you use AcyMailing, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Re:SMTP-Server with username that differs from send-mailaddress 10 years 8 months ago #2974

• Anonymous user
That's it!

Thx,
Harald
Time to create page: 0.047 seconds