info

Dear guests,
You are currently on the old forum we kept as a knowledge base. You will find the new community forum here
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Keyword

TOPIC: assign opt out page to a different template than the site default

assign opt out page to a different template than the site default 10 years 8 months ago #2400

• Anonymous user
I administer mailing lists for my own company and 3 nonprofits, two of which have very large mailing lists. I want the subscribe and unsubscribe pages to be assigned to a separate plain template without logos.

This is what I've tried so far:
assigned User : subscribe/modify your subscription to a menu
in AcyMailing config assigned to the same menu.
assigned the page in the alternate template.

obviously I'm missing something.
any suggestions?
Please log in to post a reply

Re:assign opt out page to a different template than the site default 10 years 8 months ago #2401

• Anonymous user
  • Thank you received: 2
You did the right thing, it's exactly how that should be done.

I tried it too and it does the job perfectly but only for new unsubscribe links (not already sent ones as they won't include the new Itemid), that's maybe why you though it was not working?

Your unsubscribe link should contain the Itemid of this menu and as this menu is affected to an other template then this other template should be loaded.
Please have a look at our official documentation before posting a new message!

If you use AcyMailing, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Re:assign opt out page to a different template than the site default 10 years 8 months ago #2402

• Anonymous user
that resolved the problem.
One more question: Since we're administering mail for for organizations and some people are subscribed to more than one of the lists.
How do I turn off the two extra unsubscribe choices - all newsletters and all emails from this site
Disabling those options would prevent users from inadvertently unsubscribing from their other newsletters

Re:assign opt out page to a different template than the site default 10 years 8 months ago #2403

• Anonymous user
  • Thank you received: 2
Then you should personalize your own unsubscribe page.
We use the Joomla MVC model so it's something you can quite easily do.

I guess you will be interested by the file I added on this post:
www.acyba.com/support/forum/5-how-to/200...cribe-page.html#2043

And the method:
Copy the file "components/com_acymailing/views/user/tmpl/unsub.php" to "templates/YOUR_OWN_TEMPLATE/html/com_acymailing/user/unsub.php" and then edit the file you copied ("templates/YOUR_OWN_TEMPLATE/html/com_acymailing/user/unsub.php") to add anything you want.

So in fact you simply have to download the file I created on the other post and add it to the folder:
templates/YOUR_OWN_TEMPLATE/html/com_acymailing/user/
(you will have to create that folder first)
Please have a look at our official documentation before posting a new message!

If you use AcyMailing, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Re:assign opt out page to a different template than the site default 10 years 8 months ago #2404

• Anonymous user
Actually I downloaded the unsub.php and removed the two pieces, renamed the existing file and uploaded the edited file. that worked perfectly.

Thanks for your help. Now I can send my first newsletter.

here's a link if you care to see the newletter.
Last Edit: 10 years 8 months ago by Anonymous user.
Time to create page: 0.048 seconds