info

Dear guests,
You are currently on the old forum we kept as a knowledge base. You will find the new community forum here
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Keyword

TOPIC: Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender

Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender 10 years 8 months ago #2381

• Anonymous user
Good morning,

I have discover that most of the newletters sent from www.diagramconsultores.com using the Acymailing component seems to be rejected. Please see attach an example of automatic email message in .txt format.

I am not sure to understand where did I put the limit of 250, i cannot find it in the configuration. In fact if i check the cron, that's what I see -see image attach-.

Thank you in advance for your help.
Regards,

Dominique

Attachment Mail_delivery_failed_returning_message_to_sender.txt not found

Attachments:
Dominique
Last Edit: 10 years 8 months ago by Anonymous user.
Please log in to post a reply

Re:Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender 10 years 8 months ago #2382

• Anonymous user
The post doesn't allow me to send you the images :-(
Dominique

Re:Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender 10 years 8 months ago #2383

• Anonymous user
  • Thank you received: 2
You should use the automatic only send process in AcyMailing.
Then configure AcyMailing to send 60 e-mails every 15 minutes (so 240 e-mails per hour).
In the AcyMailing configuration page you should have:

tab cron:
A cron task every 15 Minutes (on your server or on our own)
Minimum delay between two cron tasks : 15 minutes

tab queue process:
Maximum number of e-mails per batch : 60
Queue processing : Automatic Only

www.acyba.com/support/documentation/116-...ng-send-process.html
Please have a look at our official documentation before posting a new message!

If you use AcyMailing, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Re:Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender 10 years 8 months ago #2384

• Anonymous user
Thank you John for your quick and precise answer.
My settings where wrong and I have modifed them to make sure that it feets what youi recommend.

But, just to understand: the limit of 250 emails per hour is not yours? Is it a limitation of our server? Can I change it some how? -it is a dedicated server

Thank you,

Dominique
Dominique

Re:Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender 10 years 8 months ago #2386

• Anonymous user
the limit of 250 emails per hour is not yours?
No, this is a limitation of your own mail server, the one you use to send all your e-mails.
So it's either your own server or an external one (if you use the SMTP method).
You should contact your host to know more about how you can send more e-mails.

By the way, what's your hosting company so I can add the mail limitation on our documentation?

If you use AcyMailing, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Re:Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender 10 years 8 months ago #2411

• Anonymous user
This client is hosted on our servers: gws-host.com. We own and manage our servers and they are located at the largest USA provider in Texas USA namely The Planet.

We use on all our servers a program from Way to the Web Limited: ConfigServer Mail Manage www.configserver.com/cp/cmm.html. This allows us to set hourly limits which is needed to protect our mail servers and (client's) IP's of being marked as spam distributors and from being blacklisted. A default setting is 250 mails/hour. However in individual cases we can increase that limit to any value even unlimited which we not even set for our own mailing lists for same reasons. CAN-SPam (See below):
Each separate email in violation of the CAN-SPAM Act is subject to penalties of up to $16,000
In this case we have increased the hour limit to 1,000 since we know this client well as do we know his email lists since we have build his website for him (gws-studio.com). In case an hourly limit is set to 1,000 a client on any host should never use the max allowed (Hostgator for instance 500/hour and Rochenhost 1,000/day on a shared host!) in your email list program such as Acymail. Reason simple. If you send a 1,000 batch and you want to send after that a single email: bounces. A descent limit on any host should be around 500/hour max so one does not get into problem with Gmail/Yahoo and Spamcop/etc.

Note that since our servers are located in the USA we need to and do therefore comply with the CAN-SPAM Act : www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/business/ecommerce/bus61.shtm

Hope this clarifies. Cheers and a nice script you offer here ;-)

Rick Salomons
GM - GWS-Host.com
For Specialized & Individual Support::GWS-Desk
For Professional Hosting Solutions::GWS-Host
For Professional Site Development::GWS-Studio

Re:Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender 10 years 8 months ago #2414

• Anonymous user
Hello Rick,

Thank you for your feedback which actually confirms what we wrote on our documentation.

www.acyba.com/support/documentation/116-...ng-send-process.html
So if your server limitation is 250 e-mails per hour, we recommend you to send 240 e-mails per hour (just so that you will still have few e-mails to handle other processes such as your confirmation e-mails, your password requests)

If you don't mind I will add your hosting company and your standard limitation on our documentation.

Last Edit: 10 years 8 months ago by Anonymous user. Reason: Changed your name and removed your hosting from our doc

Re:Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender 10 years 8 months ago #2424

• Anonymous user
The name is Rick,
If you don't mind I will add your hosting company and your standard limitation on our documentation.
yes we do mind since your table in your documentation does not represents what I have written to you so I want you to either refrain from posting wrong or incomplete information or make a clear note about what I have stated otherwise I hold you liable

Rick Salomons
For Specialized & Individual Support::GWS-Desk
For Professional Hosting Solutions::GWS-Host
For Professional Site Development::GWS-Studio
Time to create page: 0.073 seconds