info

Dear guests,
You are currently on the old forum we kept as a knowledge base. You will find the new community forum here
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Keyword

TOPIC: configuration

configuration 10 years 8 months ago #2218

• Anonymous user
I am trying to configure acymailing for the first time. I keep getting the error, "cannot connect to smtp server and this long message...Warning: fsockopen() [function.fsockopen]: SSL operation failed with code 1. OpenSSL Error messages: error:140770FC:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:unknown protocol in /home/content/c/a/r/carriegrubbs/html/administrator/components/com_acymailing/inc/phpmailer/class.smtp.php on line 122

Warning: fsockopen() [function.fsockopen]: Failed to enable crypto in /home/content/c/a/r/carriegrubbs/html/administrator/components/com_acymailing/inc/phpmailer/class.smtp.php on line 122

Warning: fsockopen() [function.fsockopen]: unable to connect to ssl://relay-hosting.secureserver.net:25 (Unknown error) in /home/content/c/a/r/carriegrubbs/html/administrator/components/com_acymailing/inc/phpmailer/class.smtp.php on line 122
SMTP -> ERROR: Failed to connect to server: (0)

Could anyone give me a clue?
Please log in to post a reply

Re: configuration 10 years 8 months ago #2220

• Anonymous user
Hi,

You're trying to connect to a smtp server which doesn't support encryption with ssl encryption. Usually, ssl encryption is not on the port 25. This port is for non encrypted email sending. Following godaddy's knowledge base you need to connect to your server on port 25 with no encryption and no authentication. Please deactivate the "secure method" in your configuration and that should solve the problem:
www.acyba.com/support/documentation/55-a...ing-config.html#smtp

Regards,

Robert
With HikaShop, create your online Joomla shop easily.

Re: configuration 10 years 8 months ago #2243

• Anonymous user
Thanks so much. That worked! I wish I had posted three hours sooner and not wasted my time. I'll be buying the paid version.
Time to create page: 0.046 seconds