info

Dear guests,
You are currently on the old forum we kept as a knowledge base. You will find the new community forum here
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Keyword

TOPIC: Sorting Archive Lists

Sorting Archive Lists 10 years 8 months ago #1972

• Anonymous user
Is there a way to sort the newsletter archive lists?

I've been slowly adding newsletters to our new site so they appear in the archive (~5 years worth) and after adding about the seventh newsletter, they are all mixed up in the archive list.

I began adding them by the oldest to the newest. They are all numbered in the title based on the newsletter Vol1 - Iss1, Vol1 - Iss2 .... Vol4 - Iss1 but they're all mixed up now.

I figured out how to sort the newsletters in the CP but not on the front end where the viewer can see them.

How can those be sorted by name?
Please log in to post a reply

Re:Sorting Archive Lists 10 years 8 months ago #1975

• Anonymous user
  • Thank you received: 2
The lists are sorted by ordering and the Newsletters are sorted by "send date" on the archive sections.

Maybe you should create a fake list with only one user and send your Newsletters to this list so that it will adopt a send date and so will be ordered as you want.

If you know how to access phpMyAdmin and modify sql data, you can enter a fake send date for all your Newsletters.

Or you can order all your Newsletters by name and in that case you will have to modify the file components/com_acymailing/views/archive/view.html.php
Around line 45 you should see:
$pageInfo->filter->order->value = $app->getUserStateFromRequest( $paramBase.".filter_order", 'filter_order',	'a.senddate','cmd' );
that you can modify by:
$pageInfo->filter->order->value = $app->getUserStateFromRequest( $paramBase.".filter_order", 'filter_order',	'a.subject','cmd' );
Please have a look at our official documentation before posting a new message!

If you use AcyMailing, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.
Please log in to post a reply
Time to create page: 0.067 seconds