info

Dear guests,
You are currently on the old forum we kept as a knowledge base. You will find the new community forum here
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Keyword

TOPIC: How to add Links to email/newsletter?

How to add Links to email/newsletter? 10 years 8 months ago #1908

• Anonymous user
I just installed your starter edition today and I have to say I'm quite impressed.

I've been sending some test messages to learn how to use your component but one thing I can't quite figure out though is how to add a link properly.

I'm using the same procedure that I would to create a link in an article. I select some text and use the insert/edit link function in my text editor, paste in the url, then click the update button. The text turns blue with underline, looks like a link, but when I go back to the insert/edit link window, the url is gone. For some reason the url does not get saved.

Well, the text still looks like a link, blue/underline, but when the recipient gets the email, it's no longer an executable link.

Is the link function perhaps disabled in the starter edition?

I'm not using a template for my tests. Could that be the problem?

Many thanks, KP
Last Edit: 10 years 8 months ago by Anonymous user.
Please log in to post a reply

Re:How to add Links to email/newsletter? 10 years 8 months ago #1913

• Anonymous user
  • Thank you received: 2
Hello,
Is the link function perhaps disabled in the starter edition?
No no :) AcyMailing Sarter is fully functional.

You should be able to include links the exact same way you do it for your content so the method you described is the right one.
Nevertheless, AcyMailing automatically "fixes" some WYSIWYG known issues, for example, if you insert the url of your website in TinyMCE, then the url will be replaced by an empty string (because TinyMCE automatically converts your absolute urls into relative ones).
Could that explain your issue?

Could you please try to add a link out of your website (for example : www.acyba.com ) so that your editor won't convert it into a relative one and it should work properly (that way we can isolate the issue).
If this link works fine and you indeed tried to include a link of your own website (the root of your website), then I recommend you to add "index.php" at the end of your link.
Previously you probably added : www.yourwebsite.com
And now you should add: www.yourwebsite.com/index.php
that way, your editor will convert your link into a relative one: "index.php" instead of an empty string.
During the send process, AcyMailing will make sure to convert back this link into an absolute one.

Please let me know if I'm completely wrong! :)
Please have a look at our official documentation before posting a new message!

If you use AcyMailing, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.
Last Edit: 10 years 8 months ago by Anonymous user.

Re:How to add Links to email/newsletter? 10 years 8 months ago #1916

• Anonymous user
John,

Yes, you are absolutely correct. Thanks very much for your help.

KP
Time to create page: 0.052 seconds