info

Dear guests,
You are currently on the old forum we kept as a knowledge base. You will find the new community forum here
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Keyword

TOPIC: Received an updated spam fix version today but no difference

Received an updated spam fix version today but no difference 10 years 8 months ago #1872

• Anonymous user
I changed the encoding setting to Quoted Printable with the updated version you sent me but the html newsletter still goes in my yahoo spam box. But I previously had no prob with LIVE/HOTMAIL. Only yahoo's spam box.

GREAT SERVICE AND SUPPORT.
Please log in to post a reply

Re: Received an updated spam fix version today but no difference 10 years 8 months ago #1875

• Anonymous user
Hi,

There are other things you can try to reduce your spam score:

Have your reverse DNS match your domain name. If you enter the IP of your server there : remote.12dt.com/ if should give you your domain name in order to lower your spam score. That's something to see with your hosting company. Having a reverse DNS helps in reducing the spam score.

Do not include any image. images, and especially the statistic image can increase your spam score.

Increase the ratio content/html (more text and less html tags). Worst case is to send your newsletter as text to have a better spam score.

Change the IP of the server. Some IPs have a bad spam score because they were previously flagged as spammers IPs. Again something to see with your hosting. Maybe you could use another server to send the emails like using the stmp of gmail ?

Contact yahoo and ask them why your emails go into the spam folder and how to prevent that. They may have better ideas that me since they are the ones blocking your emails :)

Regards,

Robert
With HikaShop, create your online Joomla shop easily.

Re:Received an updated spam fix version today but no difference 10 years 8 months ago #1877

• Anonymous user
Yes I will do those things. when my newsletter is text, it works excellent. Is so fast ang I got huge replies in 15 minutes of sending it to my mailing list. I tried using the gmail stmp but no luck as yet to set it it properly. my host helped me but no luck. maybe i'm still doing something wrong with the gmail situation. if you guys has a step my step checklist for gmail, please post it here.

Re:Received an updated spam fix version today but no difference 10 years 8 months ago #1884

• Anonymous user
  • Thank you received: 2
About GMail, the screenshot on our documentation should help, it contains all the info you should use.
www.acyba.com/support/documentation/55-a...ing-config.html#smtp

But your hosting company should enable the connexion to an external server and the use of the SSL protocol (SSL Apache extension : ssl_module ).
Please have a look at our official documentation before posting a new message!

If you use AcyMailing, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Re:Received an updated spam fix version today but no difference 10 years 8 months ago #1887

• Anonymous user
Thanks. I already know the Gmail config in the backend. I was looking for the config or checklist for the host server. I had the host enable all that and they walk me through inputing the gmail settings. But its still not working. I'll have to do more researching. There is something i'm missing. I wonder if i'm supposed to totally replace the settings in my host server area with the gmail. Right now i have both settings side by side in my host server. I'll check it out.
Time to create page: 0.045 seconds