info

Dear guests,
You are currently on the old forum we kept as a knowledge base. You will find the new community forum here
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Keyword

TOPIC: Only requiring an email address to subscribe?

Only requiring an email address to subscribe? 10 years 8 months ago #1774

• Anonymous user
Hello,

I am interested in using AcyMailing, and I have a couple questions.

1) Is there a way to only require an email address (no username) for users to sign up for an email list? I want users to only need to enter an email address to subscribe.

2) If I install the free version in order to kick the tires for a bit, what is involved in upgrading to the Pro version? Do I have to uninstall the free version and then install the pro version? Or do I just upgrade to the Pro version and retain all of the config setting that were in the free version?

Thanks
Please log in to post a reply

Re:Only requiring an email address to subscribe? 10 years 8 months ago #1776

• Anonymous user
  • Thank you received: 2
1) Is there a way to only require an email address (no username) for users to sign up for an email list? I want users to only need to enter an email address to subscribe.
Yes, there is an option in the AcyMailing module to display only the e-mail and not the name field.
2) If I install the free version in order to kick the tires for a bit, what is involved in upgrading to the Pro version? Do I have to uninstall the free version and then install the pro version? Or do I just upgrade to the Pro version and retain all of the config setting that were in the free version?
The upgrade and update process are very easy.
You don't have to uninstall anything, simply install the new version using the Joomla installer and all the files will be updated.
AcyMailing will keep all your data,settings,configuration...
Please have a look at our official documentation before posting a new message!

If you use AcyMailing, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Re:Only requiring an email address to subscribe? 10 years 8 months ago #1777

• Anonymous user
Awesome!

Thank you for the blisteringly fast support.
Last Edit: 10 years 8 months ago by Anonymous user.
Time to create page: 0.061 seconds