info

Dear guests,
You are currently on the old forum we kept as a knowledge base. You will find the new community forum here
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Keyword

TOPIC: Setting further standard css styles

Setting further standard css styles 10 years 9 months ago #1717

• Anonymous user
Hi

I'm busy creating my own template and so far going okay. My only bump is that I can't seem to get my 'a' and 'p' styles to work.

I've added the following to the Style area:

a color:#F36A0F ; color:#F36A0F ; color:#F36A0F ;
This is so that any and all links withing my newsletter will be the specified colour.

p font-size:12px;color:#000000;line-height:150%;font-family:arial;
This is so that any and all paragraphs are the same.

I'm hoping to have them implement any text that falls within <a></a> or <p></p> respectively, but nada.

I'm sure its simply something to do with my class name as the 'h1' and 'h2' styles are working and their class names are 'Title h1' and 'Title h2'. I'm hoping its something as simple as that, any suggestions out there?

Thanks!
Please log in to post a reply

Re: Setting further standard css styles 10 years 9 months ago #1719

• Anonymous user
As a work around I've put the styles directly into the code between style tags - so far so good, but possibly a bit messy?

Re:Setting further standard css styles 10 years 9 months ago #1720

• Anonymous user
  • Thank you received: 2
Hello,

About <p> style, you should apply the style to the global Newsletter and not to each <p>.
So I recommend you to edit your template and add this style to the first div you see.
<div style="font-size:12px;color:#000000;line-height:150%;font-family:arial;">

About <a> style, it won't be as easy as our h1/h2 styles, you will have to wait our next release to see this style added to the template edition to be able to set it as you wish.

The style interface on AcyMailing enables you to replace classes names by inline CSS but h1,h2,h3 and a are not class names but HTML tags so the process is quite different.
Please have a look at our official documentation before posting a new message!

If you use AcyMailing, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Re:Setting further standard css styles 10 years 9 months ago #1721

• Anonymous user
As a work around I've put the styles directly into the code between style tags - so far so good, but possibly a bit messy?
This workaround is a good one but won't work with all mail clients.

If you use AcyMailing, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Re:Setting further standard css styles 10 years 8 months ago #3039

• Anonymous user
Hi!

I am also struggling with styling the <p>... So far I have styled each <p>. This is not what I want to have to do...
About <p> style, you should apply the style to the global Newsletter and not to each <p>.
So I recommend you to edit your template and add this style to the first div you see.
<div style="font-size:12px;color:#000000;line-height:150%;font-family:arial;">

You say style the "global newsletter"... Do you mean the newsletter-template?

And "add this style to the first div you see".. Where? :)

Jitsumi

Re:Setting further standard css styles 10 years 8 months ago #3044

• Anonymous user
You say style the "global newsletter"... Do you mean the newsletter-template?
Yes, I mean the Newsletter-template so you won't have to do that for each Newsletter created.
Your Newsletter-template probably contains a "div" and inside this "div", a "table" to create the structure of your Newsletter (header, content, footer).

It's the structure of all our default templates and we recommend this sort of structure to be able to center the whole Newsletter for example.

So on this first "div" which includes your entire Newsletter, you can apply some styles (directly by writing some CSS in the source code) like I previously wrote.

Re:Setting further standard css styles 10 years 8 months ago #3118

• Anonymous user
Ok I get what you mean. And it seems to work just fine.

However, I think it is important to say that putting the styling into the first div in your template will just work if this div is a container for the rest of your newsletter. Whitch in some cases might not be true.

Thanks for helping! :)
Time to create page: 0.061 seconds