info

Dear guests,
You are currently on the old forum we kept as a knowledge base. You will find the new community forum here
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Keyword

TOPIC: How to embed YouTube video to newsletter?

How to embed YouTube video to newsletter? 9 years 5 months ago #16492

• Anonymous user
Hi,

Well the topic says it all. I have the Enterprise version. I try to embed the YouTube embed code to the newsletter via html but doesnt work from the box.

What kind of settings I need to use to make this happen?

I did it to existing templates and tried also from blank but after adding html it wont show anything.

What should I do?
Please log in to post a reply

Re: How to embed YouTube video to newsletter? 9 years 5 months ago #16509

• Anonymous user
  • Thank you received: 2
Hello,

Some mail clients will automatically add a YouTube video at the end of the e-mail if you add a link to the video in your e-mail but you can't embed a video directly in a Newsletter, that won't be compatible with most mail clients.
The solution is to add a picture on the Newsletter with a play button on it and a link to your video on your website. So that the user will think it's a video and if he clicks on it, then he will be redirected to your website where the video will play.
Please have a look at our official documentation before posting a new message!

If you use AcyMailing, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Re: How to embed YouTube video to newsletter? 9 years 1 month ago #21913

• Anonymous user
It's not youtube videos though it might work for that as well:

I found this html5 video embed code for email. html5-and-video-in-email/
    upload your video and fallback image,
    open a newsletter,
    click on the html editing button
<> in your edtor and
paste the code where you want it - use full urls.
for some reason, Acymail strips out the poster image code but uses the fallback image so put a "play button" or "click to play" message in the image,
It works! for Apple Mail and Entourage it displays the actual video and for others, such as gmail online, it displays the alt image so link that to your video.

Which displays is determined by the mail client, not the email host, so if you open your gmail in Mail or Entourage, the video will show.

now off to see how to enable autoplay!
Last Edit: 9 years 1 month ago by Anonymous user.

Re: How to embed YouTube video to newsletter? 9 years 1 month ago #21943

• Anonymous user
  • Thank you received: 2
Hi ginjg,

Thanks for sharing the method... we don't really recommend to use that as it will be compatible with a very few mail clients but indeed, it's possible, especially using a fallback image.

If you use AcyMailing, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.
Last Edit: 9 years 1 month ago by Anonymous user.

Re: How to embed YouTube video to newsletter? 5 years 8 months ago #77404

• Anonymous user
Sorry for joining the discussion so late....I have seen that Mailchimp has this service though? I have the business license and need to somehow embed youtube vids in client emails.

My client now wishes to switch to Mailchimp as they have seen this feature. Any ideas how to do this with ACYB??

Thanks

Re: How to embed YouTube video to newsletter? 5 years 8 months ago #77423

• Anonymous user
Hi,

Most of mail clients will not display your video in your Newsletter.
The best solution is to convert your video into a picture with a "play" button on it and when the user clicks on it, the video will play an another page.
That's something Acy does automatically if you use a Joomla plugin to include videos in your Newsletter.

Do you like AcyMailing? We love your reviews!
We would appreciate if you could take 5 minutes to post a review on the Joomla! Extensions Directory.
We answered one of your question? Well, it's the best way to thank us!

How to embed YouTube video to newsletter? 3 years 10 months ago #103515

• Anonymous user
Hope this will help you to embedded youtube video

Patter

How to embed YouTube video to newsletter? 3 years 10 months ago #103574

• Dax
Hi Patter,

This is impossible to include videos, iframes, flash, objects in emails, this doesn't depend on AcyMailing: it is common to all mail clients and there's nothing we can do on our end.
We however modified AcyMailing to automatically replace the videos by the thumbnail+link in the sent emails.

Jeremy
-AcyMailing developer-
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

I helped you? The best way to thank me is to post a review on the JED :laugh:

Do not hesitate to illustrate your messages with screenshots, I love images :)
Always consult our tutorials before asking a question on our forum, the answer is surely there ;)

Hey look at our Video tutorials, It's really helpful to understand how Acy works!

How to embed YouTube video to newsletter? 3 years 8 months ago #106048

• Anonymous user
Jeremy,
In your last post on this thread, you say that "We however modified AcyMailing to automatically replace the videos by the thumbnail+link in the sent emails". How would I put the videos into the newsletter to enable AcyMailing to automatically replace the video with the thumbnail link? Direct link to youtube, or through an artilcle, or ....?
Thanks!

How to embed YouTube video to newsletter? 3 years 8 months ago #106086

• Alexandre
Hi,

We currently have only one solution for this.
You should create an article with the YouTube iframe in it then use the Acymailing tag system to insert the article content in the newsletter.
This way AcyMailing will replace the youtube iframe by a thumbnail with a link to the video ;)

We will change this to be done without having to create an article to be able to insert a youtube thumbnail in the email !
Time to create page: 0.212 seconds