info

Dear guests,
You are currently on the old forum we kept as a knowledge base. You will find the new community forum here
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Keyword

TOPIC: email ends up in the spam box of yahoo

email ends up in the spam box of yahoo 10 years 8 months ago #1629

• Anonymous user
I'm testing the newsletter. The single emails I send as a test ends up in the spam box in yahoo accounts. But its ok when I enter a gmail email, it ends up in the in box of the gmail accounts. I'm on a shared host. I'm sending using the PHP email setting.

I'm trying to stay out of spam boxes of yahoo when I send the mass email. Right now i'm just running tests.
Please log in to post a reply

Re: email ends up in the spam box of yahoo 10 years 8 months ago #1634

• Anonymous user
Hi,

It could be that your server is flagged by yahoo as a spamming server.
This might help:
www.acyba.com/en/support/documentation/108-acymailing-spam.html

Regards,

Robert
With HikaShop, create your online Joomla shop easily.

Re: email ends up in the spam box of yahoo 10 years 8 months ago #1636

• Anonymous user
Thanks for the quick reply and the info Robert. It really helped. I checked the shared hosting IP for blacklisting and its not blacklisted. So that people know why I ended up in yahoo spam box, I was testing one of my yahoo emails (to make sure my future newsletters don't end up in people's spam boxes) by sending out the default html Acy Newletter. Each time I sent out the default html newsletter, I ended up in the yahoo spam box. BUT, when I sent out the email as plain text, it when directly to the INBOX which is great. I performed that test 3 times and the same results. So that html newsletter made a huge difference. I will also run tests using my own html newsletter and see if goes to the yahoo spam box. I may also get a dedicated IP address if my future html newsletters goes to spam.
By the way, AcyMailing is excellent. I love it.
Time to create page: 0.053 seconds