info

Dear guests,
You are currently on the old forum we kept as a knowledge base. You will find the new community forum here
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Keyword

TOPIC: Import sort of fails "You need 2 arguments per line"

Import sort of fails "You need 2 arguments per line" 10 years 8 months ago #1472

• Anonymous user
I'm importing a very basic CSV file with 641 users in it. For 575 users, it works, but 66 users are flagged as not imported with the message "You need 2 arguments per line". There will be a set of users all in a row, then it will import successfully again, then fail a few, then do a few... I can't see anything in the CSV file that looks bad in Excel. The file has 2 columns, email and name in it. Any suggestions as to what might be causing this?

Andy Pierce

Update: I copied the first set of "bad" lines from the csv, made up a new csv, and they all imported successfully, except 1, which I then cut out into another CSV file and it imported fine... very odd!
Last Edit: 10 years 8 months ago by Anonymous user. Reason: Update
Please log in to post a reply

Re:Import sort of fails "You need 2 arguments per line" 10 years 8 months ago #1477

• Anonymous user
  • Thank you received: 2
Hello Andy,

Would you mind to send us a part of your import file which is not working.
I have to say I don't know why it stopped but this message appears if AcyMailing detects the number of columns is not correct so maybe an extra character in the name of some users would explain the issue?
Please have a look at our official documentation before posting a new message!

If you use AcyMailing, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.
Last Edit: 10 years 8 months ago by Anonymous user.

Re:Import sort of fails "You need 2 arguments per line" 10 years 8 months ago #1480

• Anonymous user
Let me see if anyone has something like that and I'll try again... thanks...

Re:Import sort of fails "You need 2 arguments per line" 10 years 8 months ago #1482

• Anonymous user
Well, some of the people had registered with a blank name. And I'm guessing not just blank as in null, but as " ". I erased all the names that seemed blank in Excel, and now all the names import okay! Maybe a simple check for blanks could be done and then make it "" if it is blank? Thanks for what is looking to be a great Joomla component! I'm really impressed! It's going to be a part of a proposal I'll be making in the new year!

Andy Pierce

Re:Import sort of fails "You need 2 arguments per line" 10 years 8 months ago #1485

• Anonymous user
  • Thank you received: 2
Ho yes, that makes sense, we will be able to improve that.
Please have a look at our official documentation before posting a new message!

If you use AcyMailing, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.
Time to create page: 0.057 seconds