info

Dear guests,
You are currently on the old forum we kept as a knowledge base. You will find the new community forum here
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Keyword

TOPIC: how to install/show the module within an article?

how to install/show the module within an article? 10 years 9 months ago #1234

• Anonymous user
sorry but while editing the post to add a question i deleted my original question...
for other people with similar issues i retype it again:
i want to show the subscribe button within an article but my template shows the content of the articles in the middle of the page where apparently there are no module positions...?

hey, your response was so fast...i was still adding one more questions and in the mean time i got an answer...wow! :woohoo: :) to me it means your quite serious about customer support and taking care of you customers. and i'am only using the free version.that's definitely a plus when looking to buy the enterprise one for future commercial projects! sorry i am not posting it as a separate topic...
another thing i am having difficulties with is the language...supposedly there should be a way to add languages but i just don't see it...i need to have italian language on the front end...hm?
acymailing_language_issue.jpg
Last Edit: 10 years 9 months ago by Anonymous user. Reason: image too big to attach
Please log in to post a reply

Re:how to install/show the module within an article? 10 years 9 months ago #1235

• Anonymous user
  • Thank you received: 2
Sure it's possible.

Step 1: Publish your module on a specific position (a position you don't use on our template) : user5

Step 2: Add this tag on your Joomla Content : {loadposition user5}

That way you can configure the AcyMailing module the way you want and it will be added to your Joomla content.
Please have a look at our official documentation before posting a new message!

If you use AcyMailing, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Re:how to install/show the module within an article? 10 years 9 months ago #1240

• Anonymous user
hey john,
i tried what you suggested and it works but only half way since it shows on both the article and the module positions("user 5" , which is located just beneath the article. every module has its own outline border...) in the same time. :ohmy:

Re:how to install/show the module within an article? 10 years 9 months ago #1241

• Anonymous user
In that case you should change the position to something you don't use on your template, maybe user6 or user7 ?
You can even add a position only for that if you want by editing the XML file of your own template.

If you use AcyMailing, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Re:how to install/show the module within an article? 10 years 9 months ago #1244

• Anonymous user
john,
i tried all positions that are listed on the drop down menu on the mail module(all the ones available in the template of course) and it shows every time both in article and module position.which seems logical since one there is a module activated in modul postion the postion becomes "visible"

i tried to put it in the breadcrumb which in turn is unpublished.yet it showed again both in the bredcrumb(otherwise invisible) and the article.

so i think even if i knew(but i am afraid its a little over my head for now) how to add a new position it will still show on both article and (new) module position.

is it posible to link (url) directly to the module page. for example if i put subscribe(as a clickable text/link in the html of the article) to bring/pop up the module...does it sound like sci fi or you think there could be a solution like this?

Re:how to install/show the module within an article? 10 years 9 months ago #1247

• Anonymous user
Indeed, you can create a menu to the AcyMailing component (the subscription page).
Nevertheless you will have less possibilities to customize this page.

But you can add a new position on your template XML file (only the XML file, not the html) so that this position will be available in your list of positions for your menu and as this position won't be added to your html template, the module will be only visible in the Joomla content.

Re:how to install/show the module within an article? 10 years 9 months ago #1248

• Anonymous user
great!

to add a new possition is a little too complicated for now...but i canceled the position from the index.php of my template and seems to work!!! :cheer: :woohoo: :)

big thanks on this one!!!

and as far as the change/add language what do i need to do? i followed the documentation on your site but its not clear how to switch the language.i installed the italian language from your server. but how do i implement it on the front end?
sorry if i am not posting it to separate thread in the forum.

Re:how to install/show the module within an article? 10 years 9 months ago #1253

• Anonymous user
and as far as the change/add language what do i need to do? i followed the documentation on your site but its not clear how to switch the language.i installed the italian language from your server. but how do i implement it on the front end?

You don't have to do anything, AcyMailing will use the same language used for your Joomla webiste. So if your website uses the Italian language file, then AcyMailing will use the Italian language file too.

Re:how to install/show the module within an article? 10 years 9 months ago #1255

• Anonymous user
thanks! it works great! :)
Time to create page: 0.106 seconds