info

Dear guests,
You are currently on the old forum we kept as a knowledge base. You will find the new community forum here
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Keyword

TOPIC: [solved] Auto - Newsletter ONLY with new created articles

[solved] Auto - Newsletter ONLY with new created articles 10 years 9 months ago #1076

• Anonymous user
Hello

Just bought and testing your AcyMailing component.
The job I want to do is:

Create an auto newsletter that will be generated every day and will include from a category ONLY THE NEW CREATED ARTICLES and NOT THE OLD ONES that have already been send by the previous auto newsletter.
This is for me the most important feature, so the recipient will take every day ONLY the fresh news!

My setting in Automatic Joomla Content Tab are:
Maximum Number of Articles : 18
Minimum Number of Articles : 1
Order by : Order
Filter : Only newly created or modified

With these setting I have every day in the auto newsletter the last 18 articles AND NOT ONLY the 5 or 6 or whatever newly created or modified articles.

So how can I set up the auto news letter to give me ONLY the new created or modified articles WITHOUT the old ones?

Thank you.
Last Edit: 10 years 9 months ago by Anonymous user.
Please log in to post a reply

Re: Auto - Newsletter ONLY with new created articles 10 years 9 months ago #1077

• Anonymous user
Hi,

When you add your automatic article include tag in your auto newsletter via the tag plugin "Automatic Joomla Content", you can select the filter "Only newly created articles" so that only the newly created articles will be included. You can read more about this plugin here:
www.acyba.com/en/support/documentation/7...gin-autocontent.html

Regards,

Robert
With HikaShop, create your online Joomla shop easily.

Re: Auto - Newsletter ONLY with new created articles 10 years 9 months ago #1078

• Anonymous user
I already did that without result.
Please read my first modified post with my settings

Thanks anyway.

Re: Auto - Newsletter ONLY with new created articles 10 years 9 months ago #1080

• Anonymous user
  • Thank you received: 2
You configured AcyMailing properly.
This is exactly what you should have done.

How many Newsletters has been automatically generated with the wrong content (not only the newly crated articles)?

When you preview or send a test of an automatic Newsletter, AcyMailing does not include the right content, it just includes some articles so you can customize the look and see the final result but it won't include only the newly created articles.
Only for the second Newsletter automatically generated AcyMailing will be able to include the right content.

Would that explain your issue?
Please have a look at our official documentation before posting a new message!

If you use AcyMailing, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Re: Auto - Newsletter ONLY with new created articles 10 years 9 months ago #1081

• Anonymous user
Thanks for your quick reply

I've received two newsletters with wrong content.
Now I will setup a new auto newsletter with 2 hours frequency and I will let you know with the results.

Re: Auto - Newsletter ONLY with new created articles 10 years 9 months ago #1113

• Anonymous user
Hello,

A user just contacted me saying that the preview of the automatic Newsletter sent to the admin contained all articles whereas the final e-mail sent to the users contained only the newly created articles.

So apparently it's not only an issue on the preview page but also when sending the report to the admin.
The real Newsletter is generated properly and contains only newly created articles.

I will have a deeper look at the issue and will make sure that the report e-mail contains a correct set of articles.

If you use AcyMailing, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Re:Auto - Newsletter ONLY with new created articles 10 years 9 months ago #1134

• Anonymous user
Hello

After 12 hours with the auto newsletter to run (every 1 hour interval) under these settings:
{autocontent:cat20-|min:1|max:18|order:ordering,ASC|filter:created|type:title|link}
The mail was created and send in the right time but:

1. When a new created article was added to the cat20 the auto newsletter sent ALWAYS 18 articles.
The new created 2, 3 or whatever articles and the rest was the older articles.

2. When NO new created articles, the auto newsletter didn't sent any mail, that is OK I think.

Subscriber of the list was only me the administrator.
Hope that helps to solve the issue.
Last Edit: 10 years 9 months ago by Anonymous user.

Re:Auto - Newsletter ONLY with new created articles 10 years 9 months ago #1159

• Anonymous user
You were right.
Yesterday we retested the whole auto-news process and fixed two "small" issues in it.
The first one was that the latest generated date was reset each time the autoNewsletter was edited.

I sent you a fixed version of AcyMailing, I hope you received it and that this new version fixes everything.

{SOLVED} Re:Auto - Newsletter ONLY with new created articles 10 years 9 months ago #1274

• Anonymous user
Hello John
I received your e-mail with the fixed version and after a testing period I think that everything works fine now.
Now the Smart-Newsletter contains only the new created articles.

Thank you
Time to create page: 0.085 seconds