info

Dear guests,
You are currently on the old forum we kept as a knowledge base. You will find the new community forum here
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Keyword

TOPIC: Acymailing Mail-Tester does not work with ElasticEmail

Acymailing Mail-Tester does not work with ElasticEmail 5 years 2 months ago #76943

• Anonymous user
I am usign ElasticEmail as an external sender. Acymailing Mail-Tester does not work with ElasticEmail
I have found that the emails fron the tester were not delivered. I have check the ACTIVITY section on ElasticEmail an all those emails appears as "Bounced":

acymailing-Z3JhcGhpYy1pZGVhcy1zdG9yZS5jb20vb2FzZmN1X2RiLw-1415984880@mail-tester.com
Status; Bounced
NotDelivered
Delivery was not attempted

Please advice!
Thank you!!
Please log in to post a reply

Acymailing Mail-Tester does not work with ElasticEmail 5 years 2 months ago #76944

• Anonymous user
I have asked ElasticEmail and this is the answer:

Those emails to mail-tester.com are bouncing as invalid addresses...
I think the address is too long ..
Are you sending these via Acy - did they recently update to longer addresses?

Because our system is definitely not sending those because the actual length of the address is greater than what we allow... And normally acy test emails like this work just fine... so perhaps check wtih acy?

Please, advice!

Acymailing Mail-Tester does not work with ElasticEmail 5 years 2 months ago #76947

• Anonymous user
Hi,

We didn't update our spam test system since quite a long time actually...
We reduced the size of the address 4 months ago but since that release we didn't change anything.
I'm surprised you have this issue with ElasticEmail as this sending service is used a lot by AcyMailing users.

We include your website url as base64 in this email address, maybe you have a long website url and that's why the email address is so long and ElasticEmail blocks yours only?
Maybe ElasticEmail could extend just a little bit the length of email addresses.... you're probably not far from their limit!

Please keep me informed about how it goes with ElasticEmail, we definitely want to make sure all our users can use this sending service with no issue.
Please have a look at our official documentation before posting a new message!

Do you like AcyMailing? We love your reviews!
We would appreciate if you could take 5 minutes to post a review on the Joomla! Extensions Directory.
We answered one of your question? Well, it's the best way to thank us!

Acymailing Mail-Tester does not work with ElasticEmail 5 years 2 months ago #76951

• Anonymous user
Mi email is This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. ... It is not a long email ...

The email that acymailing is sending to elastic is this :
acymailing-Z3JhcGhpYy1pZGVhcy1zdG9yZS5jb20vb2FzZmN1X2RiLw-1415995278@mail-tester.com

This is the email that they are bocking... Is it a correct email form mail-tester?

Acymailing Mail-Tester does not work with ElasticEmail 5 years 2 months ago #76956

• Anonymous user
This is the email that they are bocking... Is it a correct email form mail-tester?
Yes.
This email address is generated automatically based on your domain name and we add a timestamp to it so it's unique.
Please ask ElasticEmail exactly why it has not been sent, what's their length limitation and if they could extend it a bit...
85 characters for an email address should not cause issue (we had some issues when the email address was more than 100 characters and that's why we reduced a bit the length few months ago)

We would appreciate if you could take 5 minutes to post a review on the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Acymailing Mail-Tester does not work with ElasticEmail 5 years 2 months ago #77428

• Anonymous user
Hi Adrien, the guys of ElasticEmail finally have found a solution for the problem, and was as you said, the length limitation of characters.
Thank you!
Claudia

Acymailing Mail-Tester does not work with ElasticEmail 5 years 2 months ago #77430

• Anonymous user
Thank you for your feedback Claudia, I'm happy to hear it's fixed.

Time to create page: 0.215 seconds