Dear guests, as of now, our forum is inactive. You can keep on reading it but it's not possible to create new subjects anymore. See details in this post. You can send your request on this page. The Acyba team

Chers visiteurs, notre forum est dès à présent inactif, vous pouvez continuer à le consulter mais il n'est plus possible de proposer de nouveaux sujets, les détails dans ce post. Pour toutes vos demandes merci de vous rendre sur cette page. L’équipe Acyba.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Keyword

TOPIC: [solved] Cron job runs ok but acyMailing queue is not processed

[solved] Cron job runs ok but acyMailing queue is not processed 9 years 2 months ago #1377

• Anonymous user
Hi,

I've set the acyMailing queue to 'automatic' and mailing request(s) are queued correctly. I've added a cron job to trigger the queue with the correct URL. The cron job is launched (no errors in logfile), but the queue is not processed. If I take the same URL from the logfile of the cron job (copy/paste) and launch it in my browser, the queue is triggered and processed ok.

As a workaround i've created a small script which redirects to the URL. If i launch this script from the cron job, the queue is triggered and processed ok. However i do not understand why...

I've included a file with snapshots showing the setup and results.

Guido.

Attachment Cron_job_runs_ok_but_queue_not_triggered.zip not found

Attachments:
Last Edit: 9 years 1 month ago by Anonymous user.
Please log in to post a reply

Re:Cron job runs ok but acyMailing queue is not processed 9 years 2 months ago #1382

• Anonymous user
  • Thank you received: 2
Sometimes cron tasks don't accept "&" characters in the url and only trigger the first part of the url, you found the right workaround to trigger AcyMailing anyway.

To make sure your cron task is triggered properly, you should check it on the AcyMailing end rather than on your server end.
Access the AcyMailing configuration page, tab "cron", area "last cron" to see the last date AcyMailing has been triggered.
www.acyba.com/support/documentation/55-a...ing-config.html#cron
Please have a look at our official documentation before posting a new message!

If you use AcyMailing, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Re:Cron job runs ok but acyMailing queue is not processed 9 years 2 months ago #1389

• Anonymous user
Hi,

Using the redirect, the cron job runs ok, and acyMailing queue is triggered. The info in the cron configuration tab is updated as should be. Thank you for the info on the '&' character, i already noticed in the logfile of the cron job, that part of the URL (after the & character) was missing, but i did not see this issue, as the job completed ok.

Re:Cron job runs ok but acyMailing queue is not processed 9 years 2 months ago #1459

• Anonymous user
never mind.. :)
Last Edit: 9 years 2 months ago by Anonymous user.

Re:Cron job runs ok but acyMailing queue is not processed 9 years 2 months ago #1466

• Anonymous user
Hi,

FYI

The script to do redirect:
<?php
header("Location: http://www.<mydomain>.com/joomla/index2.php?option=com_acymailing&ctrl=cron");
exit();
?>

=> replace <mydomain>
=> i've put the script in the <joomla> root directory and named it acymail.php
=> cron job command:
wget -O /dev/null http://www.<mydomain>.eu/joomla/acymail.php
Last Edit: 7 years 3 months ago by Anonymous user.

Re:Cron job runs ok but acyMailing queue is not processed 9 years 2 months ago #1468

• Anonymous user
file acymail.php zipped...

File Attachment:

File Name: acymail.zip
File Size: 213
Attachments:
Last Edit: 8 years 5 months ago by Anonymous user. Reason: updated the file

Re:Cron job runs ok but acyMailing queue is not processed 9 years 1 month ago #1529

• Anonymous user
thx :)

but i'm usaing a windows server for this.. and the command doens't work..

thank any way :)

Re: [solved] Cron job runs ok but acyMailing queue is not processed 7 years 9 months ago #19405

• Anonymous user
I'm running 1.7.2 on my server and for some reason I can't get the CRON to work properly. I've set it up to run every ten minutes (to test at first) and then inputted my cron command into my PLESK control panel on my server and I don't get an error message and nothing gets processed.
I have tested the CRON URL and this seems to work for me. I've talked with my tech team for my server and they have tested everything from their end and have said that the cron is working properly and the problem lies with acymailing itself. Is the work around the PHP file in the previous post and if so, what file do I need to edit to point to the new file?

Is there a better solution?

Re: [solved] Cron job runs ok but acyMailing queue is not processed 7 years 9 months ago #19406

• Anonymous user
Hello,

If the process triggered via the url does the job properly, that means everything works fine on the AcyMailing end.

What if you use our online service? Does it work as it should?

Do you have an error message on PLESK when triggering AcyMailing?

If you use AcyMailing, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Re: [solved] Cron job runs ok but acyMailing queue is not processed 7 years 9 months ago #19410

• Anonymous user
I've attempted to run through the online service, however can't seem to figure out how. Here is my screen shot.
Which does not match the support screen shots for some reason.

I've attached both the cron screen and the queue screen for you to look at and let me know. Now, if the service you're talking about is accessing the acymailing website directly, could you send me the URL for that.

File Attachment:

File Name: queue.png
File Size: 129806
cron.png

Re: [solved] Cron job runs ok but acyMailing queue is not processed 7 years 9 months ago #19414

• Anonymous user
Which does not match the support screen shots for some reason.
The reason is very simple:
1/ You're not up to date with the latest version
2/ You're using an hacked version of AcyMailing

The fix will be very easy:
1/ Buy AcyMailing:
www.acyba.com/en/products.html?page=shop...&pop=0&category_id=6
2/ Install it (you don't have to uninstall your version and you won't lose data)

Re: [solved] Cron job runs ok but acyMailing queue is not processed 7 years 9 months ago #20053

• Anonymous user
john wrote:
The reason is very simple:
1/ You're not up to date with the latest version
2/ You're using an hacked version of AcyMailing
How did you know it is hack version?

Re: [solved] Cron job runs ok but acyMailing queue is not processed 7 years 9 months ago #20063

• Anonymous user
How did you know it is hack version?
Because the button to create/edit a cron was not there.

Time to create page: 0.237 seconds