info

Dear guests,
You are currently on the old forum we kept as a knowledge base. You will find the new community forum here
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Keyword
Please report any bugs or errors here.

TOPIC: Subscription Module - why not use the already existing fields?

Subscription Module - why not use the already existing fields? 6 years 3 months ago #70998

• Anonymous user
I see the following problems.
I can' unselect the preset fields, if I do that, they just resect.
I want to let users manage their own subscription, but not sign others up for it, so it would be nice to at least the phonenumber removed.
I'm not sure how to understand the 'unsubscribe', because it seems I have to select the name / lastname and phonenumber nevertheless.
Best regards
Fribse

Dykkerklubben Dannebroge www.dkdb.dk
We're a volunteer driven diving club in Mosede, Denmark.
Har du brug for en dykkerklub der rummer alle, så kom ned til os.
Please log in to post a reply

Subscription Module - why not use the already existing fields? 6 years 3 months ago #71028

• Alexandre
Hi,

Just sent you the beta version of AcySMS.
Could you please take a look at the module and let me know if it solves your issues ?

The changes are :
Now if a user subscribe we associate him with his joomla user. So he will only able to subscribe himself and modify his subscription.
Please subscribe again a user from the front end and let me know :)

For your second question, the user only need to define his phone number to unsubscribe. He doesn't have to enter his name and his last name.

Subscription Module - why not use the already existing fields? 6 years 3 months ago #71034

• Anonymous user
I have no idea what you changed, I don't see any different behavior in the front or back of the module.
I still see the firstname / lastname / cellnumber input fields shown, even if I only have the firstname selected in the backend.
The cell number has been setup in the backend to use a CB field, but that is not possible to use here?
It must be me that has misunderstood the concept, because I don't see how I should let a regular user access to this module, and maybe let him sign up whoever to receive SMS notifications about all sorts of stuff.
Furthermore I doubt any of the users will find it logical that they have to give the same info that's already in their CB profile to get SMS notifications?
It could be just me thinking about it wrong, so if you can explain a scenario for me, it would be great.
Best regards
Fribse

Subscription Module - why not use the already existing fields? 6 years 3 months ago #71050

• Alexandre
Hi,
I have no idea what you changed, I don't see any different behavior in the front or back of the module.
I still see the firstname / lastname / cellnumber input fields shown, even if I only have the firstname selected in the backend.
The fields first name, last name and phone number are the only AcySMS fields which are required. You don't have the possibility to remove them.
The cell number has been setup in the backend to use a CB field, but that is not possible to use here?
The AcySMS module only works with the AcySMS users.
On your website you use the integration with CB which allows you to pick up your user informations but these users are not saved in the AcySMS database.
When someone use the AcySMS module to subscribe, this user is saved in the AcySMS database because he only subscribes to receive SMS. The module can't subscribe him in your CB users for example.

Subscription Module - why not use the already existing fields? 6 years 3 months ago #71055

• Anonymous user
So as I understand you this is the situation for the subscription module:
The subscribe module lets a user sign whoever up to receive an SMS. This user is then created in the AcySMS system.
Despite the fact that all the info is already present in the database, the user still has to enter them.
It seems as very 'virgin' product, not integrated to that much yet, but at some point you should move towards the other products I think.
Well it's something to think about, if the CB plugin at some point is created, this problem is mute, and until then I don't think we can let users access this module, I will have to manage the subscription for them.
Best regards
Fribse

Subscription Module - why not use the already existing fields? 6 years 3 months ago #71056

• Alexandre
Hi,

I think there is a misunderstanding :)
What you want to do is to give the possibility to your users to receive SMS or not. Am I right ?

If so the easiest solution is to ask them to put their phone number only if they want to receive SMS. So that if they don't want to receive SMS they don't enter their numbers and AcySMS won't send them messages.
The other solution is to define a new custom field (checkbox for example) which will define if they want to receive SMS.

=> Do you want to receive SMS from us ? Yes / No
Then in AcySMS you will have the possibility to filter the users and send SMS only to the users who want to receive the messages. You will be able to filter them using the CB plugin.
Last Edit: 6 years 3 months ago by Alexandre.

Subscription Module - why not use the already existing fields? 6 years 3 months ago #71079

• Anonymous user
Ahaaa, so you mean I should use the Acymailing plugin to filter them based on a checkbox field in the CB?
And then make AcySMS use the Acymailing groups.
Best regards
Fribse

Subscription Module - why not use the already existing fields? 6 years 3 months ago #71082

• Anonymous user
Ok, so now I've constructed a field in CB that contains which kind of SMS's they want to receive.
I've created a subscription filter in Acymailing, and the users are then added to the distributions lists in Acymailing.
But then what?
Looking in the configuration of AcySMS I see a message that reads 'No phonenumber found in the current integration' for Acymailing.
Looking back in the AcyMailing configuration I don't see a way of getting the CB mobilenumber into the Acymailing user, I can create a Acymailing field containing a phonenumber, but then I have to add that to the registration and again have users enter it twice, or create a CB autoaction that copies the CB phonenumber to the Acymailing phonenumber? Seems clumsy...
Best regards
Fribse

Subscription Module - why not use the already existing fields? 6 years 3 months ago #71087

• Anonymous user
Regarding an auto_action in CB, it could be a query type

The acymailing db structure reads:
xxx_acymailing_subscriber.cell which is a varchar(250)
and the cb db structure reads:
xxx__comprofiler.cb_cell varchar(255)

So something like this (it's been a while since I worked in mysql)?

UPDATE xxx_acymailing_subscriber
INNER JOIN xxx_comprofiler ON (xxx_acymailing_subscriber.cell = xxx_comprofiler.cb_cell)
SET xxx_acymailing_subscriber.userid = CURRENTID

And I need to find out how the 'current' user's ID can be shown in the auto-action query
Best regards
Fribse

Subscription Module - why not use the already existing fields? 6 years 3 months ago #71103

• Alexandre
Hi,

There is a simpler solution.
You can use the AcySMS plugin (You should publish it first) which allows to filter users on the message preview page.

You should take a look at the screenshots :)
Attachments:

Subscription Module - why not use the already existing fields? 6 years 3 months ago #71104

• Anonymous user
Ok, now the plot thickens :-)
So I can do away with most of the auto-actions, and the acymailing lists, thank god.
Thankyou, that really cleared a lot up for me!

So when the JEvents integration is in place at some point, will there be a 'trigger' regarding that?
My idea was to allow some to get SMS for jevents trips, and some to get SMS for jevents meetings (different categories, different SMS 'subscribers').
One of the very big components in Jevents is RSVP Pro, that allows people to sign up for events. That also supports Joomla levels. And the implementation should respect those levels, as people otherwise will get notifications for events they cannot sign up for.

I was looking a bit at the triggers, it would also be obvious (for me at least) to have some acymailing triggers (newsletter sent out etc.) in a future version
Best regards
Fribse

Last Edit: 6 years 3 months ago by Anonymous user.

Subscription Module - why not use the already existing fields? 6 years 3 months ago #71198

• Alexandre
Hi,

First of all, sorry for the late :unsure:
The Jevents plug-in will give you 2 new features :

- Send informations about an event.
- Send informations about multiple events of a category.

Then if the integration could be done with RSVP Pro I will add these functionalities :
- Send automatic SMS before or after an event.
- Filter your users (people who were subscribed to this event or to an event of this category etc.)
and you will be able to add the CB field filters to this.

For example : Send SMS to the users who want to receive SMS and who were at the event X.

Could you please send me the RSVP Pro package via email ? I don't have it and it's not available for free unfortunately :(
Time to create page: 0.072 seconds