Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Keyword

TOPIC: Use AcyMailing to send SMS with Community Builder

Use AcyMailing to send SMS with Community Builder 4 years 10 months ago #852

• khenn
I am looking for a product that can send emails to cell phones. Here is my thinking for using your product... After reviewing the features, I see that integration with Community Builder is possible and that any fields from CB can be inserted into the email. But can those CB fields be used in the TO address? For instance, since CB allows you to create custom fields, I would like to create three fields, cell phone number, carrier and receive SMS. The user would enter their cell number and then choose their carrier from a pick list. Then if they checked the receive SMS checkbox, we would be able to send SMS messages to the users. This is for a Little League Baseball league, so, from the front end, I would like users who are coaches to be able to send text messages to their team members to notify them of important events or game cancellations, or allow board members to send messages to coaches or all users to provide important reminders.

Is this possible now? If not, is this a very near future possibility? What level of your product could support this functionality?

Thank You!
Please log in to post a reply

Re:Use AcyMailing to send SMS with Community Builder 4 years 10 months ago #877

• john
  • Unlimited pack owner
  • Templates pack owner
  • Thank you received: 2
Hello,
But can those CB fields be used in the TO address?
For now AcyMailing is not able to use the CB fields in the To address.
Only on the subject, body and plain text body of the message.

And AcyMailing is not able to send sms messages neither!

But to be honest, I love your idea!
We are receiving a lot of cool ideas to extend the AcyMailing features and it's very difficult for us to satisfy everybody in short term.
Please have a look at our official documentation before posting a new message!

If you use AcyMailing, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Re:Use AcyMailing to send SMS with Community Builder 4 years 10 months ago #881

• khenn
John,

Thanks for the quick reply.

But it doesn't need to send actual sms messages. It just needs to send email as long as the length can be limited to 160 characters. For instance, you can send a text message to any AT&T phone by sending it to phone#@txt.att.net. You can send a text message to any Verizon customer by sending an email to phone#@vtext.com.

After looking at the CB field builder a bit, I noticed that you can't display one value and store another, therefore that blows my idea of using a pick list. However, I could make the user type in a particular value (like "vtext.com") depending on the cell provider they have.

Re:Use AcyMailing to send SMS with Community Builder 4 years 10 months ago #882

• khenn
John,

This sample is very similar to what I was thinking.

Thanks,
Kris

Re:Use AcyMailing to send SMS with Community Builder 4 years 10 months ago #883

• khenn
FYI, On the sample above, they have a huge list of carriers. I was wondering where they got them from. I don't know for sure, but I found this after a Google search:

How To Send Email To Any Cell Phone (for Free).

Re:Use AcyMailing to send SMS with Community Builder 4 years 10 months ago #884

• john
  • Unlimited pack owner
  • Templates pack owner
  • Thank you received: 2
For instance, you can send a text message to any AT&T phone by sending it to phone#@txt.att.net.
I didn't know that, that's pretty cool!

That will require some extra development that we can not do for now (busy like crazy with 2 developers which are sick :S ) but this could be done with the development of an AcyMailing addon and some little changes on our end.

If you use AcyMailing, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.
Last Edit: 2 years 5 months ago by Adrien.

Re:Use AcyMailing to send SMS with Community Builder 2 years 5 months ago #34517

Hi,
we are using the free Version of ACY in our Sportclub.
In the past we are used acajoom, ACYMail is a big improvement.
for sms we are using mysms, with joomla 2.5 it not longer working.

One think we missing a bit is newsletter as SMS inside ACY.

I think with the use of an (non free)sms provider it should be not to complicate to implement.
At the Moment we are using acymail already to send sms, but not elegant and flexible:
Our SMS Provider sms77 has a email2sms Gateway and uses this email syntax:
Subject: Your SMS Text
Content of the Mail: Your Email2SMS-Key#Receiver(s)#SMS-Typ#Sender
Type and Sender is Optional.

So we create a Joomla User with Name sms77 and emailadress This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
And a Template containing: 123456#Number1,Number2...,Number30#Quality
Now we are creating a newsletter as Text and writing the Text in the Subject.
And sending the newsletter to one receiver: sms77
The disadvantage is that we have to maintain the Telefonlist manually.

Perfect Solution would be:
Having in the ACY Setting an Entry "email2sms Gatewayadress" where to set the email address.
And in the "Send new Newsletter" it should be checkbox "send via email2sms gateway"
Now the User could create a Template with a TAG like this:
123456#{cbtag:phone}#Quality

When sending such an email with Checkbox email2sms=on ACY should send all emails to the same emailadress of the Gateway.

There are many of this email2sms Providers:
w2sms, teleword, smskaufen, smscreator, sms77, sms4credits, mobilant, mesmo, clickatell, aspsms, nohnoh, mexado, innosend, suresms,compaya and hardwired, mobilenl, sloono, smsat and wannfind, agiletelecom, smsviainternet, infobip, at&t, smscom, coolsms, smsglobal, aruhat, massenversand, smstrade.

What do you think about this Idea ?

If you implement this eg. in you're Essential Version, we would buy this Version immediately...

Thanks in advance,
Thomas

Re:Use AcyMailing to send SMS with Community Builder 2 years 5 months ago #34527

• Adrien
  • Unlimited pack owner
  • AcySMS owner
  • Templates pack owner
Hi Thomas,

It's been now a few months we are seriously thinking about sending sms with AcyMailing.
We will not do it with an e-mail to sms platforms but directly using SMS provider API (like mysms does I think).

I can't disclose more information about that project and I'm afraid there is no defined deadline yet.

Do you like AcyMailing? We love your reviews!
We would appreciate if you could take 5 minutes to register on the JED and then post a review on the Joomla! Extensions Directory.
We answered one of your question? Well, it's the best way to thank us!

Re:Use AcyMailing to send SMS with Community Builder 2 years 5 months ago #34594

Hallo Adrien,
thanks for the Answer.

I thing AcyMailing is also the Ideal Tool for sending SMS.
And more than 3000 Views of this Threat looks like some more People are interested.

Using the API would presumably be the best Solution.
But i dont know how different the API of the different Providers are. Hopefully not to much...

I you implement it, it would be fantastic.

Thanks,
Thomas

Re: Use AcyMailing to send SMS with Community Builder 2 years 1 month ago #40316

• sybn
  • Enterprise version owner
we are also interested in :)

Re: Use AcyMailing to send SMS with Community Builder 2 years 1 month ago #40319

• Adrien
  • Unlimited pack owner
  • AcySMS owner
  • Templates pack owner
Hi,

We started that project a month ago, we should be able to release an addon by the end of 2012, I will update this post once we're ready to get some beta testers! ;)

We would appreciate if you could take 5 minutes to register on the JED and then post a review on the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Re: Use AcyMailing to send SMS with Community Builder 2 years 4 weeks ago #40352

Hi Adrien,
that are good News.
We are using sms77 as sms provider.
If you need a betatester, let me know.

Thomas

Re: Use AcyMailing to send SMS with Community Builder 2 years 4 weeks ago #40354

• Adrien
  • Unlimited pack owner
  • AcySMS owner
  • Templates pack owner
Hi,

I will add sms77 to our list of providers integration then so you will be able to use it with the beta version directly.

Re: Use AcyMailing to send SMS with Community Builder 2 years 4 weeks ago #40448

Hi Adrien, are there any news about sending SMS with AcyMailing? I have been asking this for at least 2 years :)

Re: Use AcyMailing to send SMS with Community Builder 2 years 4 weeks ago #40450

• Adrien
  • Unlimited pack owner
  • AcySMS owner
  • Templates pack owner
Hi,

I updated this thread a week ago: we started to create a new component (which will work with AcyMailing or without AcyMailing) to handle that.
Basically you will get similar features as AcyMailing but to deliver SMS.

The goal is to release a stable component by the end of the year (so 3 months max).

Re: Use AcyMailing to send SMS with Community Builder 2 years 4 weeks ago #40452

Those are excellent news! Thank you!

Re: Use AcyMailing to send SMS with Community Builder 1 year 9 months ago #44394

• Adrien
  • Unlimited pack owner
  • AcySMS owner
  • Templates pack owner
Hi,

We released our first private beta of AcySMS...
www.acyba.com/en/support/documentation/310-acysms-beta.html

We would really appreciate some feedback about it on our dedicated forum:
www.acyba.com/en/forum/index/8-acysms.html

Happy New Year!

Re: Use AcyMailing to send SMS with Community Builder 1 year 7 months ago #47737

• Adrien
  • Unlimited pack owner
  • AcySMS owner
  • Templates pack owner
Hi,

This gateway (sms77) has been included in our beta 3!
www.acyba.com/en/support/documentation/310-acysms-beta.html

Time to create page: 0.259 seconds