1/ Install it!
Well, that's an easy part... AcySMS is an all-in-one package so you simply have to install the main package on your Joomla website and you're done.
Same thing for the update, simply install it via the Joomla extensions manager, you don't have to uninstall your current version and you won't lose data.
2/ Configure AcySMS
Set up your sender profile
- You first have to sign up with one of our supported SMS providers (gateway).
- Then go on the sender profiles screen and create a sender profile.
Select your user management system
AcySMS can manage its own users but you can also plug it to other components so it will use the phone field and additional information from the other component.
Access the AcySMS configuration page to select the user management systems you want to use with AcySMS.
Improve your e-commerce website using AcySMS
If you're using an e-commerce component on your website AcySMS will give you the possibility to improve it using SMS.
You should take a look at these articles :
- How to improve your HikaShop website using AcySMS
- How to improve your VirtueMart website using AcySMS
- How to improve your MijoShop website using AcySMS
- How to improve your RedShop website using AcySMS
3/ Create and send your SMS
Access the message menu and create a new SMS from there.
On the preview screen, you can select the way you want to send this SMS.
It can be an automatic SMS (which will be sent at different times for each user, birthday SMS, order confirmation, reminders...) or a standard SMS sent immediately or at a scheduled time in the future.
If you are using a gateway which supports MMS you can send MMS from your website
4/ Manage delivery reports
Depending on your SMS provider, AcySMS can handle delivery reports so you will know who received your SMS or not.
5/ Manage SMS answers
You can configure AcySMS to execute automatic actions based on the content of the received answer.
6/ See the conversation with your users
Once your first messages sent and the first answer received from your users you may want to see the full conversation with the user or send some personnal SMS. The conversation page you give you the possibility to manage your conversations easily.
7/ Front end management
You can allow your users to send SMS via the front-end, take a look at your front end management for that.
If you want to make sure that all users who register are not robots or fake users you could turn on the users phone number confirmation.
But if you want to add a subscription form on another website or on your facebook page, then you will need an external subscription form.
8/ Sell SMS to your users
If you want to create a reseller website you can take a look at this documentation which will teach you how to resell SMS via your own website.
A few examples of what you can do with AcySMS... Step by step...
- Send a SMS to your client when his order is confirmed with VirtueMart
- Send a SMS to your client when his order is confirmed with HikaShop
- Send a SMS to your client 2 days before an event managed by RSEvents!Pro
- Send a SMS to your client 2 days before his birthday
- Send a SMS every week to your client
- Send a SMS to your client based on a specific date
- Send a SMS to your user after his subscription
- Insert article informations in your SMS
- AcySMS Developer Documentation